Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ridgid Jointer Gloat

Ridgid Jointer Gloat

Been in the market for a 6" jointer for a while, searched Craigslist et al. Last weekend I am at Home Despot and what do I see? JP0610 Jointer on sale for $320. Scooped it up and brought it home. Put on a set of locking castors where the feet were supposed to go and I am in business!

I've had that jointer for about 5 years, and it's done a great job for me. You'll enjoy having it. I'm actually thinking about getting a shelix cutter head for it.

I've had one about 5 years too. Dead on set-up out of the box, and I've never had to touch the tables since. Knife changes are a breeze. I got a set of Freud knives for about $18 this year.

That's a good price, but I just gotta do a hijack gloat here...

That same jointer was on sale at my local HD for $301. During their rebate sale, I got it for $225 at the counter. I still haven't set it up, though.

I actually got this jointer and the 12" planer for $200 on craigslist. I am going to purchase the helical cutter head with carbide inserts. I think you will be happy with this machine!

I have the same jointer. I also used locking casters, but I made a base out of 3/4" plywood. I made the base slightly longer and wider than the jointer. I moved the casters out about 2". The casters are attached to the plywood and the jointer is fastened to the plywood through the foot holes. This gave me a lot more stability.

How did you get that Jointer for that cheap?

I've had my eye on this jointer at HD for over a year now. It never drops below $399. I even told one of the guys to call me if it does (he assured me it NEVER drops below $399).

I never, ever find deals like this at HD. In fact, it's "on sale" right now for $399 (down from $429.... ooooh big price drop HD!).

Do you guys just call every so often to check if it's on sale? Seems like a steal for anything less than $350. And what's this rebate thing? I never get the 10% HD coupons and I never see rebates on these bigger tools.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Dean, Congrats on the jointer.

Shawn, Congrats on the buzz-kill.

Greg, have you created a username and password account online at HD? I get stuff from them all the time in emails. The BORGs do seem to vary greatly by area. I've walked off with some great deals; two batteries and a charger for my De Walt drill . . . $10, the Ridgid MSUV for $90 and such. However, there have been many deals shown here that even with a reproduction of the lucky member's receipt, my BORGs won't match.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Good price. That is a great jointer. I've had mine for about 6 years and it is a very nice machine. No complaints.
    I could cry for the time I've wasted, but thats a waste of time and tears.

Greg, it's been my experience that HD's randomly clear out stock for no apparent (to me) reason. I had been eyeing the jointer for about a year. I don't think they sold a single one during that time, bkz the same box was sitting there forever. Eventually, they marked it down.

You gotta get lucky. I almost never do, so don't feel bad.

You shld also check ebay for reconditioned Rigid tools. I got a great deal on the Osc Spindle sander there.

11. Yeah, I think it's just luck. I should sign up online though, that was a good suggestion.

Thanks,
    Greg

Quote Originally Posted by Greg L. Brown View Post
    I've had my eye on this jointer at HD for over a year now. It never drops below $399. I even told one of the guys to call me if it does (he assured me it NEVER drops below $399).

I never, ever find deals like this at HD. In fact, it's "on sale" right now for $399 (down from $429.... ooooh big price drop HD!).

Do you guys just call every so often to check if it's on sale? Seems like a steal for anything less than $350. And what's this rebate thing? I never get the 10% HD coupons and I never see rebates on these bigger tools.

Thanks
    Greg, it's my understanding that you can go down to the post office and request a moving kit (I think that's what they call them) - inside you will find a 10% off coupon for HD.

At 399 - 10% = 359.10.

13. Thanks, great tip!

-Greg

For the record....putting casters in place of the factory feet did NOT work...made the tool very tippy. I milled some 2 x 4's and spread the casters out to the full depth of the tool and added a bag of sand in the base....works great now