Thread: Capspray CS10000

Capspray CS10000

I am picking up a used CS10000 compressor driven HVLP spray system this afternoon for 250.00. They are about 1800 new so even if I have to replace alot of parts it should be a great deal.

Anyone have any info on this set up?
    Fullerbuilt

Quote Originally Posted by Eiji Fuller View Post
    I am picking up a used CS10000 compressor driven HVLP spray system this afternoon for 250.00. They are about 1800 new so even if I have to replace alot of parts it should be a great deal.

Anyone have any info on this set up?

I have owned a CS10,000 for a few years. It's a great unit but over priced at $1800....expect you will probably need to replace the gun, lines and air compressor filters. Go to your local Sherwin Williams for parts orders or better yet call Homestead Finishing and ask Jeff if he can set you up with a a decent feed gun, regulator and lines...his will be better quality and cheaper than Capspray (Sherwin Williams). The pressure tank is probably rusty but it does not matter if you use plastic liners (makes clean up very easy) buy these from SW. Make sure to leave the lid off the the tank after you clean it so it can dry and rust will not form. The biggest PITA with this unit is cleaning the lines....if you don't need 25' lines go for 10-15'...less line to clean meaning less solvent waste. As long as the compressor works you scored!

chris,

Thanks for the reply and tips, I will drop Jeff a line in the morning.

I will be shooting WB so clean up will just mean shooting water through the lines so I dont think that the length of hose will be an issue. I think that at a min. 25' of hose is what I will need. 15' and I would not be able to finish alot of the stuff I do.

The compressor works great. I cant believe how quiet that thing is. I dont know for sure but I believe it is a Thomas compressor. I would bet on it since I own 2 others and all the decals, colors on various parts, and many parts themselves are the same on all. It is quite a compressor, its motor is a dual head 2hp and is about twice the size of the single head 2hp motor on my other Thomas twin stack.
    Fullerbuilt

This is the compressor that is attached to the system.
    I now have this compressor that I will sell.
    Fullerbuilt