Thread: Gonna buy a Kreg Jig. . .

Gonna buy a Kreg Jig. . .

but I can't decide between the newer K4 or the older K3 master system. I've heard good about the newer K4 and good and bad about the K3 master system. Any input from the Creek's wealth of knowledge is appreciated.
    ________
    Ron

"Individual commitment to a group effort--that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work."
    Vince Lombardi

K4 is not a replacement for the K3. K3 Master is their top of the line jig.
    Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

You only need to drill one cabinet panel to appreciate the drill side clamp handle!

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Scharle View Post
    You only need to drill one cabinet panel to appreciate the drill side clamp handle!
    AMEN! That is why I modified my K-2 to clamp from the front, instead of having to reach around behind panels.

The decision has been made. The comments about having things on the same side made the difference--master system it is. Thanks guys!
    ________
    Ron

"Individual commitment to a group effort--that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work."
    Vince Lombardi

I love my K3. It does everything that I ask of it, and more.

Doc
    As Cort would say: Fools are the only folk on the earth who can absolutely count on getting what they deserve.

Love it!!

I have only pulled mine out of the box to play with it and it is AWESOME!!! I cant wait to use it on a project. I also have the Klamp Table. Still need to put it together.

Chuck

8. me too

I love my k3 and since we have dust collection all over the sight you will appreciate the little vacum hook up. The drill bit will make a surprising amount of chips and the vacum will clean it up.
    Harold

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wrenn View Post
    AMEN! That is why I modified my K-2 to clamp from the front, instead of having to reach around behind panels.
    With the K200 version you can add a foot actuated air clamp. Probably add to K2, K2000, and K4 as well. K4 with that would be the ultimate jig as you would also get dust pickup as well.
    Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

Kreg gives the most bang for the buck of just about any woodworking accesory tool.

Let's see....What's the saying? Pry it from my cold, dead hands? I really like mine, and it is the old alloy jobby.
    Bill
    On the other hand, I still have five fingers.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Heidrick View Post
    With the K200 version you can add a foot actuated air clamp. Probably add to K2, K2000, and K4 as well. K4 with that would be the ultimate jig as you would also get dust pickup as well.
    You could also get the drill guide rods for the K-2, where drill attached to jig, and lined up for holes, but no more