Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Laser engraving in white ceramic tiles

Laser engraving in white ceramic tiles

Hello

Hi saw some pictures of white cermic tiles laser engraved and they turned black.
    Could anyone tell me what type of product we aply to the ceramic to engrave in black?

Best Regard to all
    Corel Draw x3, PS CS3, PhotoGrav 2.1,CamTech L5...

Quote Originally Posted by Miguel Pinho View Post
    Hi saw some pictures of white cermic tiles laser engraved and they turned black.
    They are LaserTile and can be found here.

http://www.lasertile.com/

Works out at about 2-bucks per 4" tile when you include shipping.

The other way is to use low cost normal tiles and paint fill but I am too lazy for that so I use lasertiles.
    Dave J
    Forums: Where all too often, logic is the first casualty.

Thank's

Thank's for the info dave. I´m not sure if this material is avaible in Portugal, but i will find out.

They will ship overseas but it is expensive (heavy).
    Longtai 460 with 100 watt EFR, mostly for fun. More power is good!! And a shop with enough wood working tools to make a lot of sawdust. Ex-owner of Shenhui 460-80 and engraving business with 45 watt Epilog Mini18.

Thank's john. I've already found a supplier here in Portugal. They call it here marmotech white.

How about Cermark for ceramic and glass. It is available in black, blue, red, green, and yellow.
    Epilog Legend EXT36-40watt, Corel X4, Canon iPF8000 44" printer,Photoshop CS6, Ioline plotter, Hotronix Swinger Heat Press, Ricoh GX e3300 Sublimation

Just to cover the bases on tile, there is also Color Sublimation Tile done with special tile, ink and a heat press. Also Color Laser Toner Transfer Tile, done with normal tile, special paper and a Color Laser Paper Printer and Heat Press.

Just some other options to look at.

Another forum EngravingEct is another great resource for Sublimation and CLTT info.

Good Luck,

AL
    1 Laser, 4 CarveWrights, Star 912 Rotary, CLTT, Sublimation, FC7000 Vinyl, 911 Signs, Street Signs, Tourist Products and more.
    Home of the Fire Department "Epoxy Dome Accountability Tag and Accountability Boards".

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Johnson29 View Post
    They are LaserTile and can be found here.

http://www.lasertile.com/

Works out at about 2-bucks per 4" tile when you include shipping.

The other way is to use low cost normal tiles and paint fill but I am too lazy for that so I use lasertiles.
    Dave,

I went to the lasertile.com site and was really impressed with their products; but I saw no way to order from them. Do you know if they have an ordering system or would we need to sign up as a dealer?

thanks,
    Todd
    ---------------------
    ULS VersaLASER 2.30, 25Watt, Blue
    Corel Draw X4
    Standing on first base with a hockey stick waiting for a field goal.

You have to become - register as a Distributor/Dealer first, or buy them off of someone who has.
    Tim
    There are Big Brain people & Small Brain people. I'm one of the Big Brains - with a lot of empty space.- me
    50W Fiber - Raycus/MaxPhotonics - It's a metal eating beast!
    Epilog Fusion M2 50/30 Co2/Fiber - 2015
    Epilog Mini 24 – 35watt - 2006 (Original Tube)
    Ricoh SG3110DN
    - Liberty Laser LLC

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Suire View Post
    I went to the lasertile.com site and was really impressed with their products; but I saw no way to order from them. Do you know if they have an ordering system or would we need to sign up as a dealer?
    Hi Todd,

Seems like Tim is still bored at work and beat me to this one. As he says.

To sign up as a dealer I think you will need a State Sales Tax number.
    Dave J

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Johnson29 View Post
    Seems like Tim is still bored at work and beat me to this one.
    Yes I am, however.... I'll soon be changing day-jobs..again, but this time I'll not lack for work and I won't have internet access or limited access - VERY limited! It'll be good to wake up the 'ol brain again work complex IT issues.
    Tim
    There are Big Brain people & Small Brain people. I'm one of the Big Brains - with a lot of empty space.- me
    50W Fiber - Raycus/MaxPhotonics - It's a metal eating beast!
    Epilog Fusion M2 50/30 Co2/Fiber - 2015
    Epilog Mini 24 – 35watt - 2006 (Original Tube)
    Ricoh SG3110DN
    - Liberty Laser LLC

bored at work

Tim, Dave,

Don't sweat it. It's July 2nd, and I'm off tomorrow. Everyone at my office (day job) is running half-speed just waiting for 5 o'clock. "Bored" is a way of life at work today.

Thanks to both of you for responding.

Happy Independence Day!!
    ---------------------
    ULS VersaLASER 2.30, 25Watt, Blue
    Corel Draw X4
    Standing on first base with a hockey stick waiting for a field goal.

Ha, sounds like what's going on over here. Big lunches didn't help for most, either!
    Last edited by Jacob Hebert; 07-02-2009 at 3:12 PM. Reason: Testing to see if signature appears.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Bateson View Post
    You have to become - register as a Distributor/Dealer first, or buy them off of someone who has.
    Not true - I went to the website and emailed them asking for a shipping quote and got an email from Jacquie Marote:
    Hi

I ran your order through our system. You would be looking at approximately $55.00 for shipping.

Should you wish to proceed with this order, please give me a call at 503 667 1417. Or you may e mail me with your order specifications, such as color etc .

Thank you for your inquiry.

Jacquie jacquie@3scoreinc.com

No registration nor business number needed. Try it! My order was here in 4 days, across the country from them.

cheers, dee
    Epilog Mini 18/25w & 35w, Mac and Vaio, Corel x3, typical art toys, airbrush... I'm a Laserhead, my husband is a Neanderthal - go figure

Red Coin Mah Jong

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Gallo View Post
    Not true
    Hi Dee,

Well that may be so for the truly gifted folk, but I called and was told to fax some stuff including my AZ TPT (Transaction Privilege Tax) number.
    Dave J