Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: I should have slept with my boots on!

I should have slept with my boots on!

My three aunts came for a delightful visit this weekend. We painted the town red Friday night. I wore my typically cooperative boots. Usually I slide them, and when I get home I slide them off. Fairly simple process actually.

I returned home in the early hours of Saturday morning to find that some cosmic force was conspiring against me in my own house. First, the lock on the door would NOT hold still. I finally chased it down and managed to hold it in one place long enough to insert the key and open the door. On opening the door I discovered that my hallway had grown to twice its normal length. Well, not to worry, all will be right again in the morning. I'll just take off my trusty boots and call it a night. I bend over to remove my right boot only to discover that it has decided it does not want to be removed from my foot. No problem, I just give it a good tug and out of nowhere my dining room table hits me just over the right eye. Dining tables do not move in a normal world! Oh well, the right boot now comes off easily and I'll just remove the left boot while I'm down here on the floor. Discovering that my floor is actually quite comfy I decide to just take a little nap as it is not worth it to navigate that blasted long hall with just a few hours before daylight.

And what did the morning bring? Lots of sunlight, requiring rubbing of sleepy eyes eliciting pain from the right brow area. And then the real awakening . . . my first black eye. Ain't she a beaut?

Black Eyed Peach 1.jpg
    Last edited by Belinda Barfield; 06-29-2009 at 2:55 PM.

“Life is not so short but that there is always time enough for courtesy and chivalry.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson

Everybody knows what to do with the devil but them that has him. My Grandmother
    I had a guardian angel at one time, but my little devil got him drunk, tattooed, and left him penniless at a strip club. I have not had another angel assigned to me yet.
    I didn't change my mind, my mind changed me.
    Bella Terra

The world must still be conspiring against you - the attachment doesn't work.

Tell the world I said it was OK for you to take the rest of the month off.

Just fixed that Stephen! I have folks telling me this will all be gone in two weeks!

“Life is not so short but that there is always time enough for courtesy and chivalry.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson

I had a guardian angel at one time, but my little devil got him drunk, tattooed, and left him penniless at a strip club. I have not had another angel assigned to me yet.
    Bella Terra

Ouch!
    Ya gotta watch out for those shifty tables!
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Ouch!

It's been my experience that my head always hurts the next morning regardless if I bump it on something or not.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Fitzgerald View Post
    Ouch!

It's been my experience that my head always hurts the next morning regardless if I bump it on something or not.
    Actually Ken, the head felt fine, except for the eye. Apparently I didn't learn anything because we went out again Saturday night. I locked the dining table in the closet for that one!

Bella Terra

Belinda - hope you feel better soon but at least you got a great story out of it! ROFLOL
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!

Blog Entries

That's her story and she's sticking to it..

Now if your significant other tried to explain a black eye after a night on the town with that story, would you believe it.......

Keep tellin the tale Belinda......LOL

P.S. I hear steak works well for a black eye....cooked on the grill, not on the eye.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

What lovely blue eyes you have, Belinda!
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Padilla View Post
    What lovely blue eyes you have, Belinda!
    Thank you Chris! Hopefully soon one of them will just be blue again! Interestingly enough, there is not a single store on River Street Savannah that sells pirate's patches! I was going to get a hat and a patch and just have a theme day.

Bella Terra

All joking aside, I would like to share another aspect of the story.

Saturday the eye really didn't look that bad, just dark purple upper lid. It started to blossom yesterday (when the pick was taken) and has spread a little further today. Most people didn't really notice it on Saturday, but on Sunday it was impossible to ignore. I went grocery shopping on Sunday and ran a few other errands and not one single person I encountered even commented on the eye. When I broke my foot and was on crutches every other person I crossed paths with asked what happened to my foot. This is the south, strangers talk to strangers in check out lines, we discuss football at the post office, we discuss hair-dos at Wally-world. I think it is sad that when it comes to something that could have resulted from abuse no one is willing to get involved. All I got was eye contact and the quick, embarassed "look away".

Bella Terra

Quote Originally Posted by Belinda Williamson View Post
    And what did the morning bring? Lots of sunlight, requiring rubbing of sleepy eyes eliciting pain from the right brow area. And then the real awakening . . . my first black eye. Ain't she a beaut?
    Another classic case of ... "A sudden gust of gravity."
    Deflation: When I was a kid, an E-ticket meant I was about to go on the ride of my life. Today, an E-ticket means a miserable ride.

Blog Entries
    What a shiner. Well done.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Yikes!

Belinda,

You crack me up! Try lots of Mary Kay, Covergirl, Maybelline...heck, ya might want to mix all three and plaster it on. Those darn boots! I still think you should try to find a patch...and of course then you need a parrot on your shoulder

Phyllis

Quote Originally Posted by glenn bradley View Post
    What a shiner. Well done.
    Thank you Glenn. I try not to do anything halfway!

Quote Originally Posted by Phyllis Meyer View Post
    Belinda,

You crack me up! Try lots of Mary Kay, Covergirl, Maybelline...heck, ya might want to mix all three and plaster it on. Those darn boots! I still think you should try to find a patch...and of course then you need a parrot on your shoulder

Phyllis
    LOL . . . Phyllis, Hollywood doesn't have enough spackle to make this one disappear. It looks like someone has been drawing around my eye with a permanent black Sharpie!

Bella Terra