Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I should have slept with my boots on!

Quote Originally Posted by Al Willits View Post
    I'm not sure if I should feel sorry for ya or envy you, your sure having more excitement than I'm having lately..

Either way, here's hoping you stay away from them immovable objects for awhile..

Al
    I thought it was the movable objects that caused the problem.

Once, I did ask a woman how she got her black eye. She told me she fell. The lack of explanation made me wonder if it was something more serious.

Nice shiner, but my eyes are bluer.

Hope it heals fast for you, Belinda.

Joe
    Vortex! What Vortex?

My wife got one when a saddle buckle hit her below the eye. I felt like everyone was looking a me when we went out in public. Hope it heals quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Mioux View Post
    Nice shiner, but my eyes are bluer.
    Joe

Proof? Pics?

I just keep telling you all to put on your boots and come to Savannah. It's more fun than a barrel of monkeys around here. Saturday night we went to the Bayou Cafe. The tables were arranged in such a manner that there was no dance floor, so I started moving tables and chairs. What kind of place has a great band and no dance floor!?! The bouncer threatened to throw me out if I moved another chair. Party pooper. I cheated and asked two guys to move the rest of the tables and chairs out of the way. Got my dance floor and didn't get thrown out.

“Life is not so short but that there is always time enough for courtesy and chivalry.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson

Everybody knows what to do with the devil but them that has him. My Grandmother
    I had a guardian angel at one time, but my little devil got him drunk, tattooed, and left him penniless at a strip club. I have not had another angel assigned to me yet.
    I didn't change my mind, my mind changed me.
    Bella Terra

Quote Originally Posted by Belinda Williamson View Post
    I cheated and asked two guys to move the rest of the tables and chairs out of the way. Got my dance floor and didn't get thrown out.
    Now we need vids

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Norman View Post
    Now we need vids
    Don't have them Mark. A bride to be, 7 bridesmaids, and assorted female family members were also on the dance floor, so I'm sure the vids are out there somewhere.
    Last edited by Belinda Barfield; 07-02-2009 at 8:12 AM.

“Life is not so short but that there is always time enough for courtesy and chivalry.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson

I had a guardian angel at one time, but my little devil got him drunk, tattooed, and left him penniless at a strip club. I have not had another angel assigned to me yet.
    Bella Terra

Don't have them Mark. A bride to be, 7 bridesmaids, and assorted female family members were also on the dance floor, so I'm sure the vids are out there somewhere.
    Oh Lord! I'd have paid to have seen that show!
    Last edited by Ken Fitzgerald; 07-02-2009 at 10:28 AM.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Fitzgerald View Post
    Oh Lord! I'd have paid to seen that show!
    $5 cover Ken! Actually the show didn't really start until the bride's Aunt Vicky hit the floor. Literally, on her butt, hit the floor. Aunt Vicky was on the sidelines chair dancing, so I encouraged her to join us. Looking back, I probably should have encouraged her to remain seated!

Weekend before last was the real show. A group of girlfriends and I went to Savannah Smiles, a dueling pianos bar. There were two batchlorette parties going on that night!

Bella Terra

its better to have an inhome accident than it is to have an in-shop accident. the shop ones tend to be a bit messier and more painful
    14x48 custom 2hp 9gear lathe
    9 inch pre 1940 craftsman lathe
    36 inch 1914 Sydney bandsaw (BEAST)
    Wood in every shelf and nook and cranny,,, seriously too much wood!

well done!

if you had gotten the room to spin they might have let you post in the turners forum...

Talking Holiday

Belinda, very patriotic of you....kind of a red, white and blue effect. Just in time for the 4th of July.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Cheers, Rory

Quote Originally Posted by Rory Talkington View Post
    Belinda, very patriotic of you....kind of a red, white and blue effect. Just in time for the 4th of July.
    I hadn't thought of it that way Rory! Happy 4th!

Bella Terra

Proof? Pics?

I just keep telling you all to put on your boots and come to Savannah. It's more fun than a barrel of monkeys around here. ...........
    Belinda, we just moved my oldest son to Atlanta.................from the looks of that eye I might needt to tell him to stay away from Savannah!!

By the way nice shinner!!!!!!!
    David

Quote Originally Posted by David Duke View Post
    Belinda, we just moved my oldest son to Atlanta.................from the looks of that eye I might needt to tell him to stay away from Savannah!!

By the way nice shinner!!!!!!!
    No, no, tell him to visit Savannah. Atlanta isn't actually Georgia, it just happens to be geographically located in the state.

The shiner could have happened anywhere, I just happened to be in Savannah at the time.

Bella Terra

New Avatar time!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Padilla View Post
    New Avatar time!!
    Now that's just mean Chris! That would frighten small children and elderly members with heart conditions. Can we save this one for Halloween?

Bella Terra