Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Looking For Japan Ship 3508

Looking For Japan Ship 3508

If anyone could help this would be great...i am laser over 700 glasses for a customer. and with the language barrier its hard to relate to the customer i need better art work. if anyone could help that would be great. i attached the picture of the boat i am using.

Much Appreciated,
    Phyllis
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hi Phyllis;
    I'm afraid that you are not very clear-what do you need?
    Best regards;
    George
    LaserArts

Talking

Sorry about that George,
    i am in need of black and white artwork of the ship i posted...does not need to be vector...i'm having problems getting the right contrast to work with the glasses i'm am lasering. i thought maybe there is someone with more skills than me who can help me out.
    Phyllis

Phyllis,

Do a Google search on "JDS Kashima" & you'll find a few good ones.

example:
    http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Fi...DS_Kashima.jpg
    Tim
    There are Big Brain people & Small Brain people. I'm one of the Big Brains - with a lot of empty space.- me
    50W Fiber - Raycus/MaxPhotonics - It's a metal eating beast!
    Epilog Fusion M2 50/30 Co2/Fiber - 2015
    Epilog Mini 24 – 35watt - 2006 (Original Tube)
    Ricoh SG3110DN
    - Liberty Laser LLC

thats a great picture Tim,
    but i'm having trouble turning the picture in black and white so i can laser onto glasses. the picture i posted is what the customer wants me to use. my sister ran the photo thru photoGrav for me...but we lost alot of the detail. the glasses i am lasering are looking nice, but the ship just does not look to good to me. maybe i'm to picky...lol let me see if i can scan the glass and post for you....thanks for the info...
    Phyllis

Try posting your request on one of the warship fanatic bulletin boards like

www.steelnavy.com

Also I think line art would laser much better than a photo, as low res lasered photos can look cheesy. I've engraved glasses with silhouettes of ships and the name & number, and they always look very classy.

HTH
    Dave
    Epilog 35 W 12x24
    Adobe Illustrator
    Dell PC

Thanks David,
    maybe i will give that a try...here is a sample of the ship i lasered on the whiskey glass...dont mind the fingers...i dont have my camera here at work....so i scanned it...i really appreciate everyones feed back...
    Phyllis
    Attached Images Attached Images

Phyllis;
    OK- send me the best resolution pic you have and I will render it as an engraving-should work much better.
    Best regards;
    George
    LaserArts

WOW you would do that for me...you are amazing...this is the best picture i have....i owe you one, or two or .....well you get the point...
    Phyllis

sorry about that George the attachment didnt take...lets try that again. ok its telling me i already attached the file in this forum...please see the first post with the ship

Phyllis, you would be better searching for a line type drawing for that one, the surface of the glass has been hit too hard by the laser, I would think 300dpi or possibly even less but way too much power. It could well be the way that it has been processed.
    Epilog 45w Helix X3/X5 Corel Microflame Generator (flame polisher) Heat Bender

Now I'm not 100% sure if this is the same type of ship but they look remarkably similar, perhaps one of your sailor friends might help you on the identification. They are both in cdr format and resizeable.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Epilog 45w Helix X3/X5 Corel Microflame Generator (flame polisher) Heat Bender

Hi Phyllis;
    Send me a email with the pic- the one posted is only 105KB.
    Best regards;
    George
    LaserArts
    gperzel@rochester.rr.com

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Corker View Post
    Now I'm not 100% sure if this is the same type of ship but they look remarkably similar, perhaps one of your sailor friends might help you on the identification. They are both in cdr format and resizeable.
    wow those are very close...but i need the ship with the number 3508...you are wonderful frank i really appreciate the effort...as for the settings on the glasses...i am using 400 dpi / 20 s / 80 p and using 50% black...
    Thanks,
    Phyllis

If you have an extra glass I would recommend increasing the speed, decreasing the power and setting the ppi to 200 or less. On my 25 watt I would run it 150ppi, 25pwr, 50spd. Glass just fractures and most times you can seldom get the results you desire (perfection). My $0.02.

Bruce