Thread: "Weekend Doin's"-4th of July Edition

Smile "Weekend Doin's"-4th of July Edition

Friday July 3, 2009

GOOD MORNING "CREEKERS"!

A long weekend is upon us. At least for a lot of us with the holiday falling on Saturday. I know traffic was heavy yesterday in this part of the world. Seems most everyone was heading north for a long weekend.

Our weekend starts today also. LOML requested a trip to the gambling boat in Marquette, IA., so we're headed out in just a little while. Tomorrow is do little to nothing day, while Sunday will be golf day. Oh yeah, we'll grill out and enjoy the sunny 80 degree weather also. We also have 3 fireworks shows we can see from our house. In between, some racing from Daytona and maybe some of Tiger's tournament.

What's going on in your part of the world? Family, friends, fun, games? Maybe get away for a long weekend?

Whatever you're up to make it a great weekend. Say a thank you to our service people, past and present, who have given us this opportunity to enjoy "Independence Day".

BE SAFE.

Karl
    Creeker Visits. They're the best.

Weekend

Going down to Arkansas to visit my sister and brother. Be back Tuesday. may do a little rust huntin' down there.

Well.........I've been batching it for 2 weeks. Have I mentioned I miss the LOML? If you have 2 hours I'll tell you how much I hate my own cooking!

So..this weekend, finish gutting the main floor bathroom, tear out the old tub and get the new tub installed before my neighbor leaves on vacation. He's my source of help to get the new tub installed. Then retile and set the new toilet.

Yesterday and today are holidays at work. I'm working them and taking them Monday and Tuesday. I'm also taking next week off to finish the tile job on the bathroom.

The following week I'm taking Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday off to work in Spokane at the National Veteran's Wheelchair Olympics. I'm going to get inspired by some of those young warriors!
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Recovering from Adult Horse Camp, a swim/picnic with friends, mowing the lawn and some more landscaping. Attending to Elvis, our horse, who was injured Thursday night by another horse and probably some riding on other horses to help the barn owner get them ready for the 35 campers (kids) that will be there this coming week since Elvis is out of the lineup as a lesson horse for a couple weeks.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

I had yesterday off but My wife didn't so I had our 7 month daughter to myself. We ran some erands, one of whic was to Rockler where I picked up some Walnut that I will use to make a box for my daughter... someday. Today I had about an hour between things so I cleaned up the shop from my last project.
    Gary

Glued up a work bench top and cleaned the garage/shop. I need to make a mobile base. Are there any plans out there?

joe
    Vortex! What Vortex?

Blog Entries
    Both children and their spouses are here along with 5 grandkids (three are 9, one set of twins, and 2 are 6). Nothing but fun.

Took the smoker/BBQ pit down to metal, knocked all the rust and garbage off of it, painted it, seasoned it, and then did steaks. We also seasoned all the cast iron pots and pans at the same time.

I also started to cleaning out the spring gardens, getting them ready for round 2. The heat/drought has just killed it and there is no point waiting. We also did the normal Sunday morning clean the chicken house routine.