Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Forrest Blade Sharpening

[QUOTE=Bruce Wrenn;1171386] I had a new WWII, that hit a staple used to hold a SKU tag on.

Why ist that stores use staples to put tags on. And bar code stickers? The adhesive is hard to get off, messes up your finish, and staples and jointer blades do NOT get along. Obviously table saw blades too.

Sorry for the rant.

I feel much better now.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wrenn View Post
    I wouldn't recommend them if I didn't use them. I had a new WWII, that hit a staple used to hold a SKU tag on. I removed the tag and staple, but missed another staple that had been driven below the surface. Blade lost FIVE teeth. Forrest charged me for five teeth, and TWO different grindings. Their price was $62, plus freight, almost what I gave for the blade (less than $80.) With freight both ways, a new blades was cheaper. Later we sent a Freud 12", 100 tooth HTB blade (not mine)to Dynamic, also with five damaged teeth. Total cost was less than $25, plus freight. Because we sent a bunch of blades, freight both ways came to about a dollar a blade. Send one to Dynamic, and most likely you won't send another to Forrest.
    Thanks for the recomendation. I have a new Freud Fusion on the way. As soon as it arrives, I will send off my two WWII's to Dynamic. I have not bee happy with any of the local services.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wrenn View Post
    I wouldn't recommend them if I didn't use them. I had a new WWII, that hit a staple used to hold a SKU tag on. I removed the tag and staple, but missed another staple that had been driven below the surface. Blade lost FIVE teeth. Forrest charged me for five teeth, and TWO different grindings. Their price was $62, plus freight, almost what I gave for the blade (less than $80.) With freight both ways, a new blades was cheaper. Later we sent a Freud 12", 100 tooth HTB blade (not mine)to Dynamic, also with five damaged teeth. Total cost was less than $25, plus freight. Because we sent a bunch of blades, freight both ways came to about a dollar a blade. Send one to Dynamic, and most likely you won't send another to Forrest.
    I just googled them and got a website for a company in Buffalo, NY. Is that them? If it is that is great news, because I'll have no shipping charges
    It’s only work if somebody makes you do it.
    A day can really slip by when you're deliberately avoiding what you're supposed to do.
    Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side and it binds the universe together.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Effinger View Post
    I just googled them and got a website for a company in Buffalo, NY. Is that them? If it is that is great news, because I'll have no shipping charges
    YES!, but you probably will have to pay some sales taxes. When you talk to them on the phone, lets say they aren't really impressive, but their work is. And that's what is important.

I can't speak about Forrest, but I just got a blade back from Dynamic and it is sharp, scary sharp. Sharper than my Freud Fusion was brand new. I actually cut myself on it just removing the protective gum they put over the teeth. The guys there were super helpful and did extensive hammering on the blade to remove warp, free of charge. I can't say they're more or less expensive than anyone else being that I haven't shopped around that much, but I would highly recommend them to anyone who wanted a sharp blade.

I tried Dynamic about 5 months ago, to save a few $. My experince was not as good as some of the others. Two of the teeth were sharpened a bit taller than the rest so through cuts were fine but I could not cut smooth grooves with it. I will stick with Forrest.

Forrest has given fine service to me,but their woman on the telephome needs to be replaced. She wasn't helpful at all.

I had a tooth fly off a new Forrest blade. After dealing fruitlessly with the woman,I packed the blade with a note as to the new saw losing a tooth. It came back repaired with a new tooth,resharpened,and no charge at all. Not even for postage. Whoever was in the shop stood up for their product.