Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tool AND Wife Gloat

Tool AND Wife Gloat

My birthday is in a couple days.... came home from work this afternoon and this was sitting on the counter waiting for me. My wife is awesome!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    fledgling weekend warrior

I'd have to agree with you on both accounts but I'd bet the wife is handier!
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

How funny, my wife actually got me the same tool for my birthday last year! It is pretty nice to have such a nice wife, huh?

You better treat her to a nice Dinner out somewhere!
    I want to create love in my woodworking with a love for woodworking.

Blog Entries
    Good score on both counts.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

I also am lucky to have an loving and understanding wife. My wife got me the LN 4-1/2 plane this year for my birthday. I was shocked and delighted. I plan to keep her for a long time. And....I will keep the plane for a long time.

Nice deal!

I actually want to get that too, my birthday is Sept 20 in case your wife is wondering

I am sure you love your wife and I know your love that sander. I have one and at this point I just don't think I could do without it.

Great gift......

Brad,

So they finely got electricity in Yacolt so you can run that thing? What's next, indoor plumbing? Oh wait, I was thinking of Chelatchi Prarie.

Seriously, congrats on the great gift and the awesome wife.

Terry

My wife and I celebrated our 25th last November by driving up to Grizzly and picking up a bandsaw. Just wanted to toss in another awesome wife story

Quote Originally Posted by Terry Teadtke View Post
    Brad,

So they finely got electricity in Yacolt so you can run that thing? What's next, indoor plumbing? Oh wait, I was thinking of Chelatchi Prarie.

Seriously, congrats on the great gift and the awesome wife.

Terry
    oh man, tossing out the Yacolt jokes huh? I'm surprised you city folk know of these parts. As far as plumbing goes, well, at least we have septic... but believe it or not, we are on city water.

I actually want to get that too, my birthday is Sept 20 in case your wife is wondering
    I'll mention it to her

seriously, thanks guys. This was a huge surprise, I guess she had been paying attention to the magazines I was laying out ... she's a keeper
    fledgling weekend warrior

My wife is great too... birthday at end of July, she got me the Laguna Driftmaster! Aren't wives great? You are gonna like that sander.

Mike

My wife is a craftsman herself,and she knows what my tools and machines can do for her. I usually have to restrain myself. My shop is TOO FULL of stuff,and I can't get it decent looking though I made over 400' of shelving,and a very big lumber rack.

I'm teaching her to operate my Hardinge metal lathe,and vertical mill (she makes jewelry). Doesn't have a lot of use for my woodworking machines. Just as well,as her using machines is uphill all the way. She can't remember which way to crank the handles,though it is intuitive. The Hardinge lathe would be rather hard to hurt yourself on,as it uses mostly collets. I just hope she doesn't crash a cutter into the spindle and bugger it up! My big lathe is different,and uses big chucks,so she doesn't use that machine.

I started out to congratulate you guys who have supportive wives. there is a machinist's forum full of guys who have to sneak new machinery into their shops,which is too bad. They should have chosen better suited mates!!

WIFE = TOOLS???????

Never seen much need for a wife but may need to rethink that LOL!!!!
    "Remember back in the day, when things were made by hand, and people took pride in their work?"
    - Rick Dale

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Huber View Post
    ...I have one and at this point I just don't think I could do without it...

I'm confused, is that comment about your wife or your sander?

I know I can't do without mine (either one)