Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tool AND Wife Gloat

A friend of mine who is a bowhunter got a new bow for his wife. Said the trade was worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Morris View Post
    A friend of mine who is a bowhunter got a new bow for his wife. Said the trade was worth it.
    Boo. ..........

Hey Brad,

Everyone knows Yacolt is the place to be on a Sat. night.....or Amboy if Yacolt's dead.....or the Farger Lake tavern.....Seems like everyone ends up at Nicks, or at least they did.

There are 2 identical Craftsman style homes separated by a (then?) vacant lot near the RR tracks, might even be RR Ave? Several years ago there was a hospital in Yacolt along with several taverns (before the Yacolt Burn) and the 2 Craftsman style homes were on each side of the hospital. One house for the female nurses and the other house for the male MD's. I think the hospital burned down but I'm not sure.

I’m a long time Realtor in Portland, Vancouver and Clark County and sold the house that once housed the MD’s for I think about $35,000. It was the dirtiest home I had ever been in and had to wash my hands every time I left the house. I actually wanted to take a shower. Boy that was a while ago! I always enjoyed going to Yacolt but it’s a ways away.

Terry

Terry,you haven't been in the house my nearest neighbor(about 2 blocks away) vacated last year. There were a bunch of guys living there.No women,and no lights for about a year. They'd have women over,build bonfires and shoot guns in the yard.

When those clowns left,the new owners(or whoever) brought in a 30" dumpster,and for months were carrying stuff out and dumping it. The fridge was TAPED SHUT and brought out and dumped. I have no idea what the place was like,but it must have been 1 big bio hazard.

I live in the country,and there can be some strange types out here. Fortunately,we were separated by some forest and dense underbrush.

Quote Originally Posted by Terry Teadtke View Post
    Hey Brad,

Everyone knows Yacolt is the place to be on a Sat. night.....or Amboy if Yacolt's dead.....or the Farger Lake tavern.....Seems like everyone ends up at Nicks, or at least they did.

There are 2 identical Craftsman style homes separated by a (then?) vacant lot near the RR tracks, might even be RR Ave? Several years ago there was a hospital in Yacolt along with several taverns (before the Yacolt Burn) and the 2 Craftsman style homes were on each side of the hospital. One house for the female nurses and the other house for the male MD's. I think the hospital burned down but I'm not sure.

I’m a long time Realtor in Portland, Vancouver and Clark County and sold the house that once housed the MD’s for I think about $35,000. It was the dirtiest home I had ever been in and had to wash my hands every time I left the house. I actually wanted to take a shower. Boy that was a while ago! I always enjoyed going to Yacolt but it’s a ways away.

Terry
    I guess you do know the area - I actually live on Railroad Ave, but I'm down closer to Moulton Falls than the town of Yacolt. I'm pretty sure the hospital is gone, there is almost nothing in town. I've only been up here for three years, by way of Vancouver, Portland, Los Angeles.... it is a bit wierd sometimes for this city boy to be living in the sticks, but we like it a lot. Our closet neighbors house is a few hundred yards from ours and Yacolt creek separates us

.... Couple pictures I took this last winter of my place and Moulton Falls, which we walk to
    Attached Images Attached Images
    fledgling weekend warrior