Thread: Nordfab, K&B Ducts or PVC Which one?

Nordfab, K&B Ducts or PVC Which one?

I have just installed a Clear Vue and am just getting off the floor after receiving my quote from NordFab. I knew they were pricey but was not ready for their number. K & B Ducts are less than half and then there is PVC about 1k under K&B. I have not found a local supplier of S&D so I have priced SDR35. I have not heard much about K&B on the forum and would like some comments from anyone who has dealt with them.

Try to find a landscape supplier or a major plumbing distributor. I bought 6" S&D in Spartanburg, SC for under $1.60/foot two years ago and fittings were cheaper than the same ASTM 2729 fittngs at the Blue BORG. SDR35 will work with those fittings, but you'll be lucky to find it in White (most I've see is a sickly pale green). I have no experience with K&B.

3. Try Spiral Manufacturing. All my ductwork comes from them and the quote was really good. I also got a quote from Nordfab and, well, went straight with Spiral.

what is the difference?

What is the difference between S&D and regular PVC?

Chuck

The ASTM 2729 S&D has a thinner wall thickness and corresponding lower cost.

I have tried the major suppliers (Fergusen, HD Supply/Waterworks...) but to no avail (4" is no problem). They are not even interested in ordering the 6". I guess I will extend my search radius.

PVC... I know, I know, the "static" problem. I decided it was ok for me, you make your decision.

I got all my pvc from Lowes.

I like my pvc piping very much. I put all of this up by myself. Had to think a lot but it was enjoyable.

Here is the link to my web album

Good Luck, let us see what you decide and how the project progresses.
    Bartee Lamar

Well, I went with the metal duct from K & B. I will have the PVC coming out of the Clearvue and then make a transition to the metal. Thanks for the input.

Blog Entries
    Horizon had the best price of the MANY irrigation outfits around me, by far. I used ASTM-2729 which others here have run for years (some in pro shops) and no worries. My dad used schd 40; wow, way unnecessarily heavy but, he got it from an outfit that was going under for a good price.

I got some wyes at Horizon but found acehardwareonlline to be cheaper. Ouch, I just notice the price is $5 more than I paid several months ago on a 6x6x4 wye(?), how much are the other guys? I paid about $14 for a 10' stick of 6" ASTM-2729 at Horizon, don't know what it is now but, still inexpensive by comparison I imagine.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Install main ducts

I ordered form K& B Ducts on Monday and received my package on Friday. Spent the day installing the main lines. Still have work to do to attach to machines. Very satisfied with K&B. Free layout and Chris spent alot of time on revisions before I placed the order. All clamp fittings and much lower pricing than Nordfab.

Still have to fabricate the transition from metal to PVC.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Looks very good and I am sure you will love it once the work is done. I used the ASTM-2729 and the SDR35 fitting that I got from my friendly Ace Hardware who by the way had no problem ordering what I needed, which they did twice.
    I want to create love in my woodworking with a love for woodworking.