Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OT Firefox backup

OT Firefox backup

Like many in this forum i upgraded to FF 3.5 and since doing that it was taking forever to load when i clicked on the icon to start it.
    So I reinstalled an earlier version(3.0.11) and its now working perfectly. Anyone else experiencing problems with the latest version of FF?
    Last edited by Chuck Wintle; 07-05-2009 at 7:44 AM.

Blog Entries
    nope, FF3.5 seems to be much faster, including loading. I have installed it on 3 computers plus the portable edition on my USB thumb drive. All good.
    Larry J Browning
    There are 10 kinds of people in this world; Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Whats new in V 3.5
    "Remember back in the day, when things were made by hand, and people took pride in their work?"
    - Rick Dale

funny, i thought something was up with my pc... i've got 3.5 loaded at work and it is fine. here on my kitchen pc it takes a friggen long time to load... long enough that I start to wonder if i clicked the stinkin' icon or not
    fledgling weekend warrior

Quote Originally Posted by Brad Wood View Post
    funny, i thought something was up with my pc... i've got 3.5 loaded at work and it is fine. here on my kitchen pc it takes a friggen long time to load... long enough that I start to wonder if i clicked the stinkin' icon or not
    As was mentioned I went back to the previous version and no problem!

Charles -

Firefox v3.5 is working fine for me. Maybe if you downloaded v3.5 again - possible corruption on install?

Good luck,
    Ted

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Shrader View Post
    Charles -

Firefox v3.5 is working fine for me. Maybe if you downloaded v3.5 again - possible corruption on install?

Good luck,
    Ted
    thats possible. will try again.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Shrader View Post
    Charles -

Good luck,
    Ted
    no luck. installed 3.5 and it still takes forever to load. went back to previous version and it works without a hitch.....loads very quickly. I have no idea why.

9. I've had good luck on three computers so far, but haven't upgraded my wife's laptop yet. IE 8 was slow as molasses on one (didn't upgrade the others because of it).

The old Firefox 3.0.x did have update problems with Logitech webcams; you would get into an endless "failed to upgrade" loop until you unloaded the Logitech program. They may have something like that with the new one. They usually are pretty fast with updates, and with two of you having the problem, I'll bet there are plenty more.

New Firefox adds some things other browsers have ... private browsing (no history or cookies are kept after the session) and faster Flash execution. It does seem faster to me.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Lehnert View Post
    Whats new in V 3.5
    It is supposed to be MUCH faster than previous versions. It also supports HTML5 whch is supposed to have a built in video player, which does not require flash player to be installed. This is a MAJOR release with lots and lots of new stuff.
    Here is the link to the 3.5 release notes
    Larry J Browning
    There are 10 kinds of people in this world; Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Works well for me. Did you restart after reloading?
    ________
    Ron

"Individual commitment to a group effort--that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work."
    Vince Lombardi

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Jones near Indy View Post
    Works well for me. Did you restart after reloading?
    yes, many times.

i just dumped temp internet files on this system and it seems to have made a difference.

give that a shot and see if it helps you.
    fledgling weekend warrior

Quote Originally Posted by Brad Wood View Post
    i just dumped temp internet files on this system and it seems to have made a difference.

give that a shot and see if it helps you.
    tried that already with no change.

Maybe you have to uninstall the old one then install the new one. I didn't have any trouble with my upgrade. I have Window Vista on my HP laptop. What version of Windows are you using?