Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OT Firefox backup

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Stahl View Post
    Maybe you have to uninstall the old one then install the new one. I didn't have any trouble with my upgrade. I have Window Vista on my HP laptop. What version of Windows are you using?
    I am using Windows XP.

I have Windows Vista on one machine and XP on my machine at work and have the same issues on both. Double click the icon and it takes several seconds for it to open. I had no issues until I installed the new version. Just found this. I guess they are aware of the issue.

http://support.mozilla.com/tiki-view...arentId=381674
    Last edited by Ray Dockrey; 07-05-2009 at 10:37 PM. Reason: Update

I used to use it, but after many prblems with it I finaly reverted to IE, and never looked back.

Palm Bay Florida, Warner Robins Georgia, and Nigeria, Africa
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Wagner View Post
    I used to use it, but after many prblems with it I finaly reverted to IE, and never looked back.
    IE??? Ewwwwww!

I have computers running XP, Vista, and four Macs and haven't had any problems with Firefox 3.5 on any of them.

My guess is that there is a plug in that some of you have that is causing the problem. I'm sure the Mozilla Development Team will have a fix upcoming shortly.

One more note... You may want to try Apple's Safari browser too. The latest version is awesome... and VERY VERY fast. (Both Mac and Windows versions available).

I use both Firefox and Safari... and have not booted up IE in a long long time... thankfully! heh heh
    Choosing Windows 7/8 over Apple OSX and IOS is sort of like choosing Harbor Freight tools over Festool!

“They come from the desert, but it is we who have our heads in the sand.”
    Ben Weingarten

I installed Fire Fox a few weeks ago after reading about how great it is. Personally I couldn't stand it, too slow and quirky. Maybe that is becuase I have 3.5 as well. I went back to IE 8 and am perfectly happy, it is faster and more stable on my vista laptop.

Blog Entries
    Check this out on Mozilla website

Seems this is a known bug in FF 3.5. I have also read elsewhere that 3.5 is rapidly getting the reputation of being buggy.
    Larry J Browning
    There are 10 kinds of people in this world; Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Pristine code, dirty computer

Charles the first thing to do is to clean up your computer disk. Go into windows accessories/system tools and run Disk Cleanup. Run it at least twice. If you want the gold standard for organizing disks, get "Diskeeper." A disorganized disk means you programs need to run all over the disk every time it needs to load an item, and as might guess, that slows it down.

Make sure your FF options are set to clear its buffers when closing. Check your cookies, you probably have a list of cookies dating back for months, if not years. FF handles cookies nicely. You can specify what URLs for which FF will keep the cookies, all others get flushed at close.

Check your Email reader, how long has it been since you deleted old 'sent' messages? IF you haven't used them in the last 30 to 60 days, you have no use for them, so get rid of them. Then, while you are at it, run the Email file compactor to reclaim space in the Email folders.
    Best Regards, Ken

Exclamation

3.5.1 is available and supposed to address our slow loading issue (my fix I mentioned earlier only helped slightly).
    I just installed and it restarted fine.... we'll see after FF has been closed long enough for it to be cleared from cache.
    fledgling weekend warrior

Many folks have noted issues with 3.5, so I've held off installing it for now.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

patch seems to have worked for me, FF started right up this morning
    fledgling weekend warrior