Thread: Adjusting my sawStop was a breeze...

Thumbs up Adjusting my sawStop was a breeze...

The top hasn't been parallel to the blade for a while and I finally got around to adjusting it.
    Got the rubber hammer, socket set, etc. out. Previous attempts to do this on my past cab saw was difficult -After mucho hammering I'd get it right then lose it while tightening the bolts.

Thankfully I decided to check the SS manual for instructions. Whoa!
    The whole top is connected to a pivot pin at the front and at the rear there's a couple of allen screws to turn and move the top gradually to either side relative to the blade.
    Was so easy! Upon tightening the bolts everything was as it was after adjustment.
    Very impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Penning View Post
    The top hasn't been parallel to the blade for a while and I finally got around to adjusting it.
    Got the rubber hammer, socket set, etc. out. Previous attempts to do this on my past cab saw was difficult -After mucho hammering I'd get it right then lose it while tightening the bolts.

Thankfully I decided to check the SS manual for instructions. Whoa!
    The whole top is connected to a pivot pin at the front and at the rear there's a couple of allen screws to turn and move the top gradually to either side relative to the blade.
    Was so easy! Upon tightening the bolts everything was as it was after adjustment.
    Very impressive.

It is funny how easy things can be done when one reads the manual.

Brian,

When I got my saw it was off about .01 so I needed to adjust it too. I was worried about it just as you were. In the past I needed to adjust a contractor table and that was such a pain in the arsh, I never wanted to do it again. So when the day came I opened the SS manuel and read. I was so amazed how easy it was. I know other cabinet saws aren't that easy. Usually you loosen the top and move it around until it is were you want it. The system on the SS makes alot of sense, and makes it so much easier.

Blog Entries

Thumbs up intelligent saw adjustment

Hi Brian,
    I had the same experience on my SS industrial cabinet saw.
    It was only out by a hair, but I wanted to tweak it better.
    My previous saw was a contractor, and a nightmare to try to adjust. (even with PALS)

I dialed in my SS top beautifully in less than 5 mins.
    Yes, I'll second that...it is impressive!

good show,
    Walt
    Last edited by Walt Caza; 07-05-2009 at 10:01 AM.
    There are no shortcuts to anywhere worth going! WCC

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind - Dr. Seuss

Crohn's takes guts. WCC

so simple a caveman could do it .

Unhappy Oh Boy

Quote Originally Posted by Philip Rodriquez View Post
    so simple a caveman could do it .
    Now you have to take the cavemen out to dinner to apologize and the one guy "won't be hungry".

As to the original thread, I adjusted my 10 year old Jet cabinet saw this weekend and it went fairly easy. I just kept the bolts snug and hit with a dead blow mallet. It moved every so slightly each time. Then I had to shim the front of the table up to make it align at 45 and that sent the parallel slightly out. Once I corrected parallel again, all was good.

How does Sawstop handle the adjustment for 45?

Of course, after I shimmed with some brass shim stock I had, I found the washers that were originally used to shim the table . I had taken the saw apart about a month ago and just forgot those little details. They were neatly packaged in a small jar with tape labeling where they went. Oh well, not undoing them now.