Thread: Creeker's Weekend Accomplishments.....

Creeker's Weekend Accomplishments.....

6 Jul 2009

Good Morning,
    I hope that each of you experienced a good and safe Independence Day celebration around your local community. We always shoot fireworks for July 4th, but this year we just shot the ones we had left over from last year as there was no extra money for burning on fireworks this year. I hope that you got filled with good food, family, and time to relax from the normal grind.

No woodworking for me this weekend as I worked both Friday and Saturday at the day job. Played bass at church yesterday and then it was family time Sunday night.

This week I am starting a wedding gift for a very good friend of ours who is getting married for the 1st time ever. Her wedding date is early next month and that means that I have to get busy.!!!!

Well, that's it for me...so what did YOU do this July 4th weekend??

Best of weeks to you all.
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

Spent the weekend gutting the bathroom. With a little luck and a few more hours, I'll have the cast iron tub cut into 4 pieces so I can carry it out. Then it replace the control valve assembly; install the new tub and on with refinishing and retiling.

What a mess!
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Ken, a sledge hammer works. I've done that before at my parent's house. First bathroom we broke one corner off the apron so we could get it out. Second one we just broke up in place.

Did a little more kitchen planning. Getting the itch to get started but surgery on my nose 3 weeks ago, then a "revision" (doctor speak for a second to fix whatever went wrong) last Monday has been preventing it. I might try to get a few short sessions in this week but I'm supposed to stay away from dust or wear a mask and I'm not sure I'm ready for the latter.

Finished a side job I have going. Refurbing a front and back porch on a 100+ y/o house. Funny things you find on older homes....joists were 28-32" OC on the back porch, with 1x4 T&G flooring over it. It was like a trampoline. So I split the difference on each one before the floor went on. Yesterday I finished the porch skirts. The homeowner wanted to simplky paint the old.,,there was rot on every one of them. So I finally convinced him to pony up and rebuild. They came out great. I have pics, but can't find the USB cable for my digicam

I had a great weekend! I spent it on the White River in Batesville, Ar. help a friend celebrate his Birthday and watching the fine fireworks display.
    I want to create love in my woodworking with a love for woodworking.

No woodworking for me. Just celebrated the one year wedding anniversary by doing a little hiking and relaxing at the hotel. My brother and his wife have been staying with us for the last few weeks while waiting for their apartment to be ready in between moves. So we needed to get away from that.

I spent all weekend changing oil and cleaning up my truck..going on vacation end of this week.. should hit about 16 or so states before returning home..also going to try and go tho the AFWS show in las vegas
    Dave

IN GOD WE TRUST
    USN Retired

Spent the weekend building an arbor that will run from our garage to the house.
    Its going to be a long process but its getting there.

Here is an early pic of just the front. We now have 2 2 x 6's framing it out to the next cross piece and I'm currently working on how to suspend some colored glass in 2 additional 2 x 6's down the middle which will be about 12" apart.

Oh, and its not centered on the garage door on purpose, it centers on the house as it comes up.

We had a very busy weekend. First it was two outdoor staining projects: the pergola over the patio in the back, and then the porch and barn timbers on the the front of the house.

Next we started taking on our small woodshed project by cutting the four 4x4 cedar upright posts and mortise and tenoning the 2x4's to connect them all. We did a total of 16 mortise and tenon joints. Whew!

Bill
    Attached Images Attached Images

Cleaned the garage and worked.

joe
    Vortex! What Vortex?

Blog Entries
    I finally got that stupid piece of junk Karcher power washer working. (see this post)

Turns out 2 of the 3 pistons had the spring keeper come off preventing them from operating. The keepers are made of spring steel and just snap onto the top of the piston. The reason they came off was that part of keeper was broken. Apparently you cannot purchase the keeper separately from the piston so I was going to have to buy 2 pistons at $37 a piece to replace a 10 cent part. ARRRGH So I thought that before I spent $80 on this piece of junk I would try to fix it with a little southern engineering. I managed to get the keepers back onto the pistons, which was a pretty difficult task even though there was a big chunk of the keeper missing on one side (good thing I thought). I decided to give it a try without even trying to patch the keeper. And to my great surprise it actually worked! I was able to pressure wash the siding on the whole end of the garage. I really don't have too much confidence in those keepers staying in place too much longer, but at least I will know what's wrong when it stops working again.
    Larry J Browning
    There are 10 kinds of people in this world; Those who understand binary and those who don't.