Thread: 7 1/4" saw blades

7 1/4" saw blades

Im looking for a quality saw blade like Freud but without the cost of Forrest. I prefer not to buy Chinese blades and avoid them at all costs.
    I do not like thin kerf saw blades, thin kerf is 1/16" so I guess a regular kerf 7 1/4" would be near 1/8". Hilti has very nice blades, but I can't get them locally. This blade in question would be used for plywood.

At this cost you can make a few cuts and throw them away. Im not sure where Irwin blades are made. I have no affiliation with this seller, i just came across it.

http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/tls/1267634402.html

7-1/4" blades for a hand held circular would not be 1/8". Don't have a catalog handy but a standard blade would be close to 1/16". 1/8" blades would take more power.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Flores View Post
    At this cost you can make a few cuts and throw them away. Im not sure where Irwin blades are made. I have no affiliation with this seller, i just came across it.

http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/tls/1267634402.html
    I refuse to buy anything Irwin now they're owned by that joke of a company, Rubbermaid especially since they thrashed the Irwin, Lennox, Hanson brands.

Hello,
    The orange borg sells the Freud 40T Diablo for under $20.
    Many - myself included - believe it's the best "bang" for the buck.
    It's more than decent.
    I use it those times I'm working with stuff I don't care to put under my TS55EQ - (MDF, CDX plywood, particle board, etc.)
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon

blades

You didn't mention what you were using it on..but if it's for general purpose circ saw..I have had very good luck and longevity from a freud blade that says "for wet lumber" on the blade. Nice cut.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Engelhardt View Post
    Hello,
    The orange borg sells the Freud 40T Diablo for under $20.
    Many - myself included - believe it's the best "bang" for the buck.
    It's more than decent.
    I use it those times I'm working with stuff I don't care to put under my TS55EQ - (MDF, CDX plywood, particle board, etc.)
    +1. A Diablo 40 and a 24 pretty much do everything for me on the CS.
    “I don’t have a lot of tools because it doesn’t take many to make furniture.” - Rob Millard

+ 2 on the Freud diablos. I also use a 24 and 40. The 40 tooth with a little masking tape on your line and no chip out. Even on birch covered MDF. I have used the freud 40 to cross cut 8/4 red oak and it cut beautiful. And for the price you can beat them. Both borgs sell those blades.

Quote Originally Posted by Russ Boyd View Post
    You didn't mention what you were using it on..but if it's for general purpose circ saw..I have had very good luck and longevity from a freud blade that says "for wet lumber" on the blade. Nice cut.
    Same blade I use. Works great. I got it at HoPo.
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a laxative and sleeping pill, on the same night

+3 for Freud Diablo. Amazon sometimes has them on sale, also.

Even out BORG out in the middle of nowhere sells the Freud 40. Not less than 20 bucks though. I think it was $25. Not on sale. They also sell a 24 and 60. Lots of choices. I have a DeWalt 24 and it's pretty rough. I use that for rough cuts. Duh.

I am very happy so far with all of the Freud Diablo blades I have.
    For the circ saw, I have a 40T, 24T and 6T (Hardi blade).
    For the table saw I have a 40T and 80T.
    For the CMS I have an 80T.

All cut super clean. Italian made not Chinese, very hard to beat for the price...
    Trying to follow the example of the master...

>> Im looking for a quality saw blade like Freud but without the cost of Forrest.

Then why not just buy a Freud blade? They make a number of 7 1/4" blades.
    Howie.........

I rechecked the BORG, the 40T price was 17 bucks. They also have a 60T for a couple bucks more. Just buy a Freud....