Thread: "Weekend Doin's"

Smile "Weekend Doin's"

Friday July 17, 2009

GOOD MORNING "CREEKERS"!

I'm early this morning as I have to be at the dentist at 7:30AM. Need to have a little cavity filled. Good thing is I'll be home before 9AM and ready for the day.

Going to be unseasonably cool here today. Calling for not much more than the mid 60's, while the average temp would be in the 80's. Can't say I'm dissappointed with the low temp. Just wish we'd get some rain. We're going on about 7-8 weeks with only 1/4" of rain. Crops, and my lawn are just about gone. Only difference is my grass, and the weeds, will come back with some rain.

Will be watching "The Open" this weekend. Home boy Steve Stricker is doing well, at least so far. In between I'm going to try and give a final push on getting the final dust collection box done for my CMS. The one I did for the RAS works much better than I'd hoped.

How's things in your part of the world? Any big plans? Whatever is on your agenda I hope you have a great weekend and please be SAFE.

Karl
    Last edited by Karl Laustrup; 07-17-2009 at 7:23 PM.
    Creeker Visits. They're the best.

Ahh...it's been a while since I've been here. Too busy with other things.

A month ago I finished the BRAN (Bike Ride Across Nebraska) and started on my large project for the summer - siding the house.

As of today, I've managed to get the back of the house sided and will be moving to the side of the house today. I'm using Cement Fiber siding and it's pretty nice. This weekend will be my first "free" weekend to work on this project since every weekend has been busy or out of town. I'm lucky too - my wife's family is having a family reunion and I've been "allowed" to stay home to work on the siding as the cooler temps today show that it's going to be winter soon and I've got a ways to go yet. So Saturday and Sunday I'll be devoting to the siding project. I'm hoping, hoping that I'll be able to get the side nearly completed this weekend.

I wish I was down in the shop building some furniture, but I guess not.

Michael

Lawn mowing, a pool party at a coworker's home, Elvis's weekly bath, maybe some riding, who knows what else...
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Continue with the bathroom project working around Little Riley my great-granddaughter who is supposed to arrive with her Mommy some time early in the morning. I might not get much done other than play with Riley.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

I am going to AWFS in Vegas -- since I live in OC it is a reasonably short drive. Spend Saturday at the show and Sunday leave about mid-day. It is going to be hot there this weekend -- 110 degrees....

Scot

Lawn mowing, building the lift assist for the Shopsmith, finishing the Shopnotes Mini Lathe stand, and best of all, picking up a new baby mostly Siamese kitten!

Building a saddle stand for our Grand Daughter.
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a laxative and sleeping pill, on the same night

Picking zucchini and trying to figure out how to DNA it and make some bowls out of it. Oh...and unpacking my new Hammer A3 31

Finishing the cleanup and sorting the wood that came with the shop!

Two years of determined effort on sorting and organizing the “wood” that came with the my Barn/Shop, is coming to an end.

To understand the magnitude of this occasion, the Barn/Shop is Apx 2100 squar feet and it was stuffed with molding, raw lumber, particle board and cabinetry components. This has not been my exclusive effort, but when time was available it what I needed to do.

First two pictures were taken around the same time, both mounds are separate cullings of what I think I could never use. (after I gave stuff away)

One of many, Many, MANY, fires held to reduce everything to a manageable size.

This weekend I will pull that last of the wood out of the loft and the rafters, and can sart putting the survivors back in an organized manor.

I’ll post pix of the end product when I’ve finished.

Jrj

P.S. Now you can show your spouse how clean neat and organized you are! (You are not "The worst packrat ever.")
    Attached Images Attached Images