Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jet parallel clamps

Looks like Jet is pricing them too high

Looking around it seems the Jets are 20-25% more than the Bessey Revo clamps. I don't see that the Jet provides that kind of increased value. The only thing of value that I have seen referenced is the scale on the side. I can add that with a sharpie. I already have a few K Bodies, so maybe I'll just stick with those.

The side numbers is not the only feature on the Jet clamp. IMO the best feature is the trigger release. The clamp stays where you set it, and does not fall or move when you have the clamp upright. It's less "fussy" than trying to jiggle the clamp until it moves, or lift the handle. Just squueze the triger put the clamp where you want it, and it will not move. Maybe you don't want that, but I think it's a great feature to not have the clamp slam down on your finger when you put it upright....

It seems like Rockler has a sale that includes clamps every November-December. I think last year it was the jet clamps. The quick release lever makes them my favorite.
    Gary

I'd say if you need them soon, buy them. I've picked up most of mine used. I have Besseys, which I don;t care for as much, and Jorgensens that I really like.

They were advertising it in their catalogs, and I cannot find mine at the moment.

Try this: J9045.

Chris
    If you only took one trip to the hardware store, you didn't do it right.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Sweeney View Post
    Internationaltool.com is where I've gotten some of my Jet parallel clamps. Most of their orders qualify for a flat $6.99 shipping cost.

I'm always looking for a deal on these clamps and deals are few and far between. Prices at Amazon jump around like crazy and that $200 price today for the 51"ers will likely be $100 tomorrow.

Nice call Dave. Today the 50" clamps are $104. Half of what they wanted just a few days ago. I guess they didn't get any takers at $200+.