Thread: Big Wood Gloat

Big Wood Gloat

If I don't post a pic, it didn't happen, right? Well, I have been especially busy this summer collecting wood for this winter's projects. While I work full-time, I rarely watch tv so I have plenty of time to WW in the winter.

Summer? Hey, that's golf season! As a result of tonights matches, my team is playing for the Twilight League Championship! Yeah!

Okay....I'm feeling a little giddy right now about my golf game. Sorry for losing it there for a second. Here is the wood gathering evidence.......

This older gentleman has a Woodmiser Mill and is willing to mill as long as you deliver the raw product......this is salvaged American Elm...stinky stuff but I got close to 700 bft out of the tree. I'd just love one of these machines......they are the coolest.

Here is a load of soft maple and walnut I jumped on....$1 a bft. It's not all FAS, but there is quite a bit of good lumber in that load.

Here is my summer wood haul....soft maple, b. walnut, Am elm, and QS white oak. I stacked it inside or I won't be able to get at it once the snow flies.

It's tough in hardwood starved eastern Oregon to bring almost 1800 bft of lumber in for just over 50 cents a board ft., but I did it.......with a little sweat equity, gas, and time.

My first project is a new bedroom set for my LOML....she deserves it for loosing her parking garage.

AG

Thumbs up

Nice haul there AG,

A friend of mine has 3 Wood Mizers that he and his son use almost full time. Well his son does it full time but he works a full time day job and only does it part time. After watching him use the Mizer I would say he has the full time job to rest. That is no easy work.
    Dick

No Pain-No Gain- Not!
    No Pain-Good

I'm logging off the mature poplar off my 40 and selling it to pay for sawing up about 10,000 bd.ft of red oak, white oak & maple I'm also cutting. All 40 acres are mature 18" to 28" oaks so harvested correctly should keep me in lumber & firewood forever. My neighbor is giving me an old 60 ft trailer house frame to air stack the lumber on. Should work fine.

and yes I'll take pics of the process. 8o)

Good Job

Arnie, you are ready for winter. Great haul. Quite a rig! Look fwd to your projects this winter..