Thread: Brush or Airless for Doors and Cabinets?

Brush or Airless for Doors and Cabinets?

Hi All,
    I've done a bit of searching and can't find any clear answers for my situation...
    I have 7 new unfinished 6-panel pine doors to paint right away (SW Pro Classic w/ PrepRite sandable primer).
    And in a few months I'll be painting new kitchen cabinets with the same paint.
    I've had great success brushing the ProClassic on some built-ins, but these doors are going to take a lot of time.
    Should I just brush them, or should I be looking at airless sprayers?
    I'm not planning any big interior or exterior jobs any time soon. Are there any small (and by small I mean reasonably priced...) airless sprayers that are worth having?
    Thanks,
    Walter

I am looking to purchase the qs-600wb with a 2.5 tip it is a HVLP gun you can also get smaller tips to spray other finishes as well.

http://www.homesteadfinishingproduct...spray.htm#guns
    Thank You
    Ed

Seven doors, front and back, sounds like a lot of painting, but I think using an airless is a bit much. You can roll, with and enamel roller cover, and brush those doors faster than you think. I'll take you thirty minutes just to clean the airless.
    Phil in Big D
    The only difference between a taxidermist and the taxman, is that the taxidermist leaves the skin. Mark Twain

Spraying SW ProClassic

I recently renovated our kitchen with this great paint. Sprayed it with a Graco 4900 with #7 nozzle set, thinned 10%. Came out great. That is heavy paint so it takes a really strong turbine to spray it.

Refilling that paint cup will get old very fast.

You may want to save up for a bigger unit and use the roller and brush as suggested on this project.
    Scott

Finishing is an 'Art & a Science'. Actually, it is a process. You must understand the properties and tendencies of the finish you are using. You must know the proper steps and techniques, then you must execute them properly.

Thanks guys.
    I think I'll wait on a sprayer. I'll just plan on on brushing the doors.
    Is a roller useful on paneled doors? Is the idea to roll the flat rails and styles after brushing the panel areas?