Thread: Creeker's Weekend Accomplishments.....

Creeker's Weekend Accomplishments.....

27 Jul 2009

Good Morning,
    The family and I have been doing some woodworking of sort for the last 2 or 3 weeks...firewood. We had a tree die this year in our yard that was an oak. Just above the ground about a foot the tree was 44" across the butt of the tree. It took me and my boys about 2 days to get the last 9' trunk section cut and laying on the ground. Once I got it laying on the ground I then found out why it didn't want to fall over....My MS-361 chainsaw with it's 20" bar just wasn't long enough to get the very center of the tree and that 4" was enough to cause us some real grief in getting it on the ground. Now it's a matter of cutting up the trunk section but I have to be careful when cutting it up as it has a steel fence post inside the truck, about 4" in from the outer bark (yes, the tree grew around an old steel fence post..amazing..simply amazing), and makes it very hard on a chainsaw. I'll have to work around it and see what I can do.

Been working a LOT at the day job lately and I'm getting ready for yet another Disaster Recovery Exercise for another customer, which means that it will be another trip to Philly.

The family and I watch a movie last night. I always enjoy spending time with my wife and kids.

Well, my veneer for the wedding gift should be here today. I'm sure I'll have questions, but I'll save those for when I start doing the actual veneer work.

Well, that's it for me....so what did YOU do this past weekend?

Best of weeks to you all.
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

Finished up our family vacation. Back to work today. HAVE to get started on the kitchen this week!

did a little turning,

cut up some spalted maple for future turning blanks

cleaned the garage.

joe
    Vortex! What Vortex?

Attended a FreedomPens turning in Dallas saturday. Lots of amazing folks there and lots of pens were turned for the troups. Chased electrical problems on sunday. No fun there.

Helped my "little" brother celebrate his 50th birthday this weekend.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Very early Saturday morning, my granddaughter, great-granddaughter Riley, grandson Nick and the LOML drove to Spokane. The LOML and Little Riley got on plane and flew to Phoenix. The others drove to Phoenix.

I got the bathroom ready to tile. Finished about 10:40 p.m.

Sunday I began tiling and got a lesson. I've done my share of tiling but this one is going to take longer than the others.

I was planning on taking today off and finishing the tiling. My sore back, shoulder and arms say "Nope! Ain't gonna happen".

I'm batching it until next Saturday! I'm King of the castle again!....for a while.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....