Thread: Scotch Brite pads on an arbor

Scotch Brite pads on an arbor

Does anyone know where I can find Scotch-Brite pads that are attached to an arbor and can be used on a drill press?

It is not an easy thing to find, Lowe's does not have it, at least not the one near me.

I am looking to use it to clean up some handles from an old lathe and was told they work well but can't seem to find them.
    Regards,
    Bill Antonacchio

Why not just glue the scotch brite pads to a shop made holder/spindle/disk what ever you want?
    Scott

Finishing is an 'Art & a Science'. Actually, it is a process. You must understand the properties and tendencies of the finish you are using. You must know the proper steps and techniques, then you must execute them properly.

Try the auto parts store. Scotch lock I believe is the nomenclature. Also comes in sandpaper style.

We use a 3m scotchbrite product that they refer to as surface conditioning pads (?)

They use a special adaptor that mounts in your tool so that they can be changed with about a quarter turn. Check out the 3m website for available products and distributors in your area.

Ed
    Come on in friend, here's what you'll find
    A well used shop where you can rest your mind
    The beer's cold and the wood is dry
    We keep the Red Oak piled 6 feet high

I have used the square Scotchbrite pads, cut circles, make a hole in the center and put three or four together on an arbor. You have an instant Scotchbrite wheel that you can use in your drill press, air grinder, etc. Save the scraps for hand sanding/polishing.

Thanks for all the replies. I will try to find and try to make, in reverse order and see what happens. Anything is better than hand rubbing all those handles, thats for sure.
    Regards,
    Bill Antonacchio

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Self View Post
    Try the auto parts store. Scotch lock I believe is the nomenclature. Also comes in sandpaper style.
    yep, auto zone has em.

if you have a dremel they'll fit in one of those too.