Thread: Long Weekend Doings?

Long Weekend Doings?

Well, I'm heading off this morning to Western Kansas for my wife's 25 year H.S. reunion, so no WWing on the calendar. Monday I have to finish installing the storm door, but maybe, just maybe I could sneak a little WWing in. I need to start on a Morris chair for a client, but have to finish the modifications to my CMS station, as I have my mortice in the same area and will need it for the project.

Also, Tuesday I start back to work full time in a day job, an old boss had a position open up and felt it fit my skills. I'll have to double time it as I am working on getting this Furniture business off the ground. I couldn't pass up the opportunity for a guaranteed salary. On the furniture front, I have about 4-5 projects in the hopper all due over the next few months, so weekends and evenings will be busy. The handy Man stuff will have to wait or fill in as time allows. Anyways, enjoy the long weekend, except for Dennis, sounds liek he has to work part of it.
    Scott C. in KC
    Befco Designs

I hope to have all of the framing finished on my "workshop" (its too nice to call it a shed). All of the walls are up and the half of the rafters are in place. I hope to finish with the rafters and tomorrow and start working on the front porch area. I hope to start the shingling next weekend.

Dan
    A flute without holes, is not a flute. A donut without a hole, is a Danish.

Will be doing this and that. Not a whole lot of anything. Cleaning shop, setting up my new Smart Guide [gloat]. Maybe finish mowing the back 31 pasture and brush.
    Steve
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Clardy
    Will be doing this and that. Not a whole lot of anything. Cleaning shop, setting up my new Smart Guide [gloat]. Maybe finish mowing the back 31 pasture and brush.
    Steve
    Steve,

Did you shave or something? Your avatar looks different somehow...
    ---------------------------------------
    James Krenov says that "the craftsman lives in a
    condition where the size of his public is almost in
    inverse proportion to the quality of his work."
    (James Krenov, A Cabinetmaker's Notebook, 1976.)

I guess my public must be pretty huge then.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Mages
    I hope to have all of the framing finished on my "workshop" (its too nice to call it a shed). All of the walls are up and the half of the rafters are in place. I hope to finish with the rafters and tomorrow and start working on the front porch area. I hope to start the shingling next weekend.
    Dan
    PICTURES????

I've been keeing one eye on the hurricane and working a tiny bit on something that I'm not allowed to mention on account of I don't have any pictures of it to share.

Am I the last person on the planet who does not own a digital camera, or what?

Quote Originally Posted by Tom LaRussa
    PICTURES????

Here ya go! Due to a few morning showers, I did not get as much done as I would have liked. I hope to finish the overhang this week. How do you like those support columns? They are not connected yet, but it will be a nice look.

Dan
    Attached Images Attached Images
    A flute without holes, is not a flute. A donut without a hole, is a Danish.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Mages
    Here ya go! Due to a few morning showers, I did not get as much done as I would have liked. I hope to finish the overhang this week. How do you like those support columns? They are not connected yet, but it will be a nice look.

Dan
    Looking Good Dan!!!!!!!!

Steve
    Last edited by Steve Clardy; 09-06-2004 at 10:24 PM. Reason: spelling

Well, after finally getting a good nights sleep in my own and not the hospital recliner, I got up ready to do some damage today and I succeeded..........(oh yeah, my little princess came home sunday and is recovering at a great rate PTL). So, I managed to get the Hot Dawg exhaust installed and the electrics connected. Little nervous about cutting the roof but I did it. Also sealed the vent for the stench pipe from the drain in the shop. Looking good. Installed running water to the shop and drainage and tee'd off and put a hot and cold hose spigot on the outside wall. Pretty cool for washing the dogs and even rinsing off myself. Got the last window installed and air tight, just have to dress it out to match the rest of the shop. Installed the attic light AND it got it working. Yipeeeee. Finished texturing the dividing wall from the garage and the shop (only the shop side but thats all that matters right now :-) and I even primed one wall that was already to go. It looks kinda cool.

I know you picture police, I will I promise. I just wanted to see in writing what I had accomplished today.

Oh oh oh, and, trimmed the grass, front and back.

Time for a coffee and a kick back I feel.

Thanks for reading.