Thread: Biesemeyer 50" Rail /Tube

Biesemeyer 50" Rail /Tube

Looking for Model number to upgrade from 30" to 50" Biesemeyer fence for retro fit to Craftsmen 22124. I believe that SC is the manufacture for Sears on this saw, but can't seem to get part number from SC or Sears. Anyone have any info that might help

If you have the fence and short tube and angle, you could do as I did and go to a steel supplier and get the 2 x 3 tube and angle iron. Less than 1/2 price. And ycan get a thicker wall. I used 3/16. Wanted 1/8, but they didn't have it.

A few owners of the Craftsman ZCS have simply moved the guide tube to the right one or two holes. I haven't done it yet, but they report that there was no deflection even at the furthest end of the tube. You'll have to add a longer extension table to support the fence. Hopefully someone will post a picture.

Ed

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed Bamba View Post
    A few owners of the Craftsman ZCS have simply moved the guide tube to the right one or two holes.
    I am one who did that. One set of holes gives me a 40" width which I find just fine as I don't do much with sheet goods. 30" was just a bit short a little too often but I never seem to need more than 40". It's free, so I'd try that first. Its kinda like I worried that 8" wouldn't be enough for my jointer despite many saying that it was plenty for them . . . I have yet to need more. YMMV.

If you are splitting 8 foot sheets and want the long rails and tube, Delta is the maker of Bies now. I have seen forum members with basements wanting to trade long for short; I would check that diligently. As another poster mentions, good quality straight raw material will work as well. Just remember its for your fence, you want it straight ;-)
    Last edited by glenn bradley; 07-31-2009 at 10:43 PM.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Quote Originally Posted by Cliff Furman View Post
    If you have the fence and short tube and angle, you could do as I did and go to a steel supplier and get the 2 x 3 tube and angle iron. Less than 1/2 price. And ycan get a thicker wall. I used 3/16. Wanted 1/8, but they didn't have it.
    I would recommend the same thing. However, I worked for a fab shop/steel supply house and I can tell you that 20' lengths of steel aren't all perfectly straight. Most of it is but you might want to sight down the length of it before you give them your money. At our warehouse we racked and pulled the steel using chains and an overhead crane and sometimes a forklift was used to, "Encourage" the steel into it's storage slot. This is common practice from what I've seen at a few other steel supply houses too. Sometimes a few pieces will get a little tweaked while putting it away or pulling it out so make sure you're getting a straight piece. Even a slight bow in that box tubing will cause endless problems as you slide your fence farther away from the blade.

Bruce

If you're wanting the original parts, let me know, I've got a couple websites saved at home where they are available. Seems like the 50" rails and angle iron was in the $220.00 range. Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...Exclusively Irish! When Irish Eyes are smiling....They're usually up to something!!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas.
    No, I'm not an electrician. Any information I share is purely what I would do myself. If in doubt, hire an electrician!
    Member of the G0691 fan club!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...Most likely I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, s3.