Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Improvised TS Splitter

no complacency to it, if it hadn't been for that stupid govt required dangerous guard none of my ten digits would have been anywhere close to the blade, and as far as complacency goes what does one of those dangerous stupid things give you anyway.

My error was trying to use the thing in the first place.
    Jr.
    Hand tools are very modern- they are all cordless
    NORMAL is just a setting on the washing machine.
    Be who you are and say what you feel... because those that matter... don't mind...and those that mind...don't matter!
    By Hammer and Hand All Arts Do Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Welch View Post
    Your welcome Mike. John I was not refering to your post. But was refering to Jason's .

"this works well since I normally run a full kerf blade, and the splitter is slightly narrower. When I do put in the thin kerf blade its the same width as the splitter, "

I did not mean to ruffle anybodys feathers. Sorry if I did.
    No promblem Tom, as I should have been more through when I went back to see just what you were referring to. I should have read Jason's post more cloesly. It takes much more than a gap in communication to get my shorts in a wad.

Bottom line... I got you Lima-Charlie (loud and clear) at this point.

Regards for the day, sir...
    Sarge..

Woodworkers' Guild of Georgia
    Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler

Freehand cut?

"Tried to get the darn thing outa the way to see for a freehand cut." meaning no fence? and one hand while the other moved the guard...I'm no old timer but seems like you were asking for it. Just like your seat belt is gonna trap you in your car vs. keep you from flying out through the sunroof to safety.

MJ Splitter Installation on my Used Unisaw

This week I installed an aftermarket MJ Splitter on my rebuilt UNISAW. You have to use an ultra dense plastic insert to locate and drill these little splitters, but it was not difficult. The directions were written for left-handed folks with an ADHD condition, but once I figured where the photographer was standing when he took the pic, it went right onto the zero clearance splitter (ZCS). The only real problem was sanding down the ZCS to fit the UNISAW because it was slightly oversized. To remove the splitter head, all you have to do is stick a screw driver through the center hole in the splitter and pop it out. Rockler sells both sizes: narrow kerf blade size and 1/8" blade kerf. Does anybody have any negative things to say about these splitters? They cost about $20.00 for the splitter and install kit from Rockler Hardware. Just be sure to order the correct splitter for your blade.

Quote Originally Posted by ken gibbs View Post
    This week I installed an aftermarket MJ Splitter on my rebuilt UNISAW. You have to use an ultra dense plastic insert to locate and drill these little splitters, but it was not difficult. The directions were written for left-handed folks with an ADHD condition, but once I figured where the photographer was standing when he took the pic, it went right onto the zero clearance splitter (ZCS). The only real problem was sanding down the ZCS to fit the UNISAW because it was slightly oversized. To remove the splitter head, all you have to do is stick a screw driver through the center hole in the splitter and pop it out. Rockler sells both sizes: narrow kerf blade size and 1/8" blade kerf. Does anybody have any negative things to say about these splitters? They cost about $20.00 for the splitter and install kit from Rockler Hardware. Just be sure to order the correct splitter for your blade.
    I've used the MJ splitters for 6-7 years now. Ever since they came out. No complaints.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Wagner View Post
    "Tried to get the darn thing outa the way to see for a freehand cut." meaning no fence? and one hand while the other moved the guard...I'm no old timer but seems like you were asking for it. Just like your seat belt is gonna trap you in your car vs. keep you from flying out through the sunroof to safety.
    Jason funny you should mention that.

Today on the drive into work, the overhead sign said " Be projected or be protected. Use your seatbelt"

Made me laugh...........Regards, Rod.

It wold be nifty to find an easy way to make it double as a height gauge.