Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DC shuts off on its own

Didnt mean to start a debate here but the right answer (having read this here before) is what Matt and Charlie are saying- open ducts more load/amperage, closed no danger.

I think I will talk with Oneida.

Thanks
    Strive for perfection...Settle for completion

What Charlie says does make sense: The vacuum does run faster when you plug the hose. Clearly I haven't had enough experience with DC systems.I've only ever had one of my own.

maxi

Ben,

It looks like your thread has got away from the question of motor shutting down to load with ducts closed. You did not indicate that there a breaker trippping due to overload, and I fully believe from my engineering experience that the motor will unload and maximum suction will occur with all the ducts closed. Sounds more like the problem is with the switch and contols.

I had a problem with my Oneida 2HP unit starting at odd times after buying my Powermatic 3520B. It turned out that the remote control for the 220 Volt outlet used the building wires to transmit the single and the variable speed of the Powermatic was creating a false signal. I changed to a magnetic contactor for the 220 supply and ran a 110 Volt wire direct from the remote control switch. If it can start on it own from a stray signal, it could also shut down from a stray signal. Try to run it direct without the remote control portion in the wiring.