Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Weekend Doin's"

Smile "Weekend Doin's"

Friday August 7, 2009

GOOD MORNING "CREEKERS"!

Another weekend is upon us as we close in on the start of another school year for all you with young'uns.

It is to be steamy around these parts with the prediction for the hottest and most humid day we've had this year on Sunday. Prediction is for the low 90's with humidity to match. YUK!!!!

With those kinds of temps and humidity I'll be spending my time indoors this weekend. There's golf and the race from Watkins Glen on the telly, so those will keep me occupied as well as some indoor activities I've been putting off.

How's things in your part of the world? Any big plans for this weekend? Whatever you may be up to I hope you enjoy your time and please be SAFE.

Karl
    Creeker Visits. They're the best.

Rainning here this morning Karl, so I bet it will be where your at soon, ya indoors will be where to stay, but gonna try and get out and do a bit on the CD cabinet I'm making.

Also the wife says 3 years for kitchen cabinets is enough.....so one more trip to Youngblood's lumber and I start them.

We haven't been able to figure out what is wrong with the dog, so we'll be close to home this weekend, either an infection or tumor and so far they're not sure which...more tests.

Ya all have a safe and enjoyable weekend

Al
    Remember our vets, they need our help, just like they helped us.

Heading up to my lake home up north hey dere, finishing trimming out the new bedroom I put in the basement, hanging a few doors, and roughing in electrical in the three car garage I am turning into my new woodshop. Looks like no fishing this trip....

Hi Karl, I presume you're in the Darien lake region?

We ride through there every year on our way to the BMW rally in Watkins Glen, on Labour day. Beautiful area.

It's going to be hot in Toronto on Sunday (30), which is about the highest it's been all summer. We've had a pleasantly cool and damp summer, I haven't used the air conditioning, or had to water the flowers more than 3 times this summer.

This weekend my shop will be used the local ladies from the Co-op who are refacing one kitchen per month. They have the shop for the weekend to fabricate new white melamine doors and drawer fronts, then they install them. Sometimes, they also make new drawers, depending upon the condition of the old ones.

I'll probably make them some muffins, coffee and tea, spend a while yakking with them and then head out to the garage to get the cylinders back on Diann's BMW.

Have a good weekend.........Regards, Rod.
    Last edited by Rod Sheridan; 08-07-2009 at 9:18 AM.

Hanover NH or Jensen Beach FL or somewhere in between
    Two Cylinder Club event on Sunday...we'll be mowing in the morning and grilling in the afternoon...

Old, fat guy on the set of "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition" October '09

It's supposed to be cooler. Where a week ago we were in the 106º F range, today's high is supposed to be 68º F.

This weekend....mow and trim the yard and continue on the bathroom remodel.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Hello,
    This should occupy the rest of today:
    Attached Images Attached Images

I'm going to start in earnest on the kitchen project. My plan is to start building face frames so lots of stock milling tomorrow and I want to throw together a quick faceframe assembly table.

Its supposed to be hot and humid here so I installed the shop window AC last night. Have to run later to the hardware store and buy weatherstripping since I apparently tossed it all last year.

I live in FL and that weather is what we have all summer. If I let the heat and humidity keep me out of the workshop I would never get anything done. The trick is to drink lots and lots of water to replace the puddle you leave in front of the TS.

20th high school reunion all weekend... oh, how the time flies!

Hanover NH or Jensen Beach FL or somewhere in between
    Jamie, it must be good to be young...I almost remember what it was like...

Old, fat guy on the set of "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition" October '09

In Southern California we're getting some cooler weather due to some cold air from the Gulf of Alaska. I don't remember the last time it rained. We're in one of our drought cycles.

My wife and I are going out this evening for dinner to celebrate our 38th anniversary. The rest of the weekend will be taken up with dog shows.
    Don Bullock
    Woebgon Bassets
    AKC Championss

The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.
    -- Edward John Phelps

We have the County Fair Parade in the morning, just got done building our Cub Scout float with the Pack at our house. That's my morning, then I'll need to clean up the shop in the afternoon.

painting some then i will paint some more.

we put the house up for sale and have an open house on aug 23d. I have 2800 sq ft of house to paint inside.

as for the weather here. Typical north texas august. Suposed to be tripple digits all weekend.

PS. I HATE PAINTING!!!!!!!!
    It ain't broke untill I try to fix it!

We have a Jeep Pancake Breakfest to attend, then I'm going home and go to bed. I work 8 pm till 7am. If theres time I'll put a couple of coats of finish on some items.