Thread: Super Dust Deputy Owners -->> Are you Happy??

Super Dust Deputy Owners -->> Are you Happy??

I'm thinking about buying a Super Dust Deputy to use with my Delta DC (I have a Wynn cartridge on it now)

My problem is the my cartridge keeps getting clogged.

So my question to those who have a Super Dust Deputy is...

Does your Super Dust Deputy keep your cartridges clean??

Any other comments would be appreciated before I drop ~$300

Thanks!!!

-jj

Bump... 128 views and no one has any comments

-jj

I've only seen a couple of posts about people buying these. I was one.

My thoughts so far.

I've only emptied the barrel a couple of times so far because I was at the tail end of a big project and didn't have much dust collection to do.

I have tested though and seperation looks really good. I have it hooked to a delta 50-760 dust collector with a wynn cartridge filter. I'm not seeing even a spec of dust in the clear plastic bag. I need to see how it does after a day of heavy milling with the barrel getting over half full.

Another thing worth mentioning is that adding the SDD to the system does seem to effect the CFM about 10%. I'm guessing because I don't have anything to measure with other than my hand at the end of the hose. I still get great suction and I'm more than willing to give away 10% if I get good seperation and a filter that won't get clogged. Another benefit is that the barrel is 35gal and is much easy to empty than the bag.

~mark

I bought one but broke my ankle the next day so I haven't hooked it up yet. I plan on doing a review once I've got it up and running, but that might not happen for 5 more weeks.

Smile If you're cheap like me

Have you thought about a Thien baffle? I have a Penn State "2 hp" DC with a spun bond poly filter-no paper. It had a lot of dust & chips in it. I tapped and vacuumed and finally washed it out to get most of the dust out. Since installing the Thien baffle there are virtually NO chips or large particles in the filter, and not much dust. I've produced probably 6 bags of waste since installing the baffle-mostly planer chips-and there was about a cup of fine dust. The baffle idea costs very little, makes 3 holes in the D.C. ring and isn't hard to do. I'm certain the Super Dust Deputy is an excellent solution, Oneida has a good rep. Did I mention I'm cheap?

I second the rec to investigate the Thien baffle. It's a more popular choice (and a much cheaper one) round these parts than the Super DD; that's not to say one is better than the other.

Thanks to all for the info...

Ben... too bad about your foot :-(

Shawn & Curt.... thanks for the tip on the the Thien baffle.... that's new to me. I'll check it out. Are there any good plans for this???

Thanks again to all....

-jj

Google it. Phil has a website and a forum on it.

9. sdd

I have one and I think is it is great

A apologize for bumping such an old thread, but I was getting ready to buy a Super Dust Deputy (I got a $100 Amazon GC coming in the next 2 weeks) I when originally decided to buy it, it was $289 and It was blue with a 30 gallon black steel drum with a white lid and the shipping was included. Now the shipping is included , but the for the same $289 you only get the cyclone separtor. What gives?

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Wittler View Post
    A apologize for bumping such an old thread, but I was getting ready to buy a Super Dust Deputy (I got a $100 Amazon GC coming in the next 2 weeks) I when originally decided to buy it, it was $289 and It was blue with a 30 gallon black steel drum with a white lid and the shipping was included. Now the shipping is included , but the for the same $289 you only get the cyclone separtor. What gives?
    Wel, looks like the economy has taken a hit on the SDD deal. The cyclone body is only different in color, and there appears to be no compromise in quality. You just don't get the goodies at that price.
    Maurice