Thread: Hey John Miliunas

Question Hey John Miliunas

so tell us - did you buy it?

I saw your post RE: the router bits, I assume you got them at the auction, but I didn't see anything about the jointer.

Anything else any good?

An auction addict needs to know
    God Bless America!

Tom Sweeney BP

Cool Jointer>No. Other stuff>Well....

The *12" jointer* actually turned out to be a combo machine made by WoodFast. It's a 12" TS with a short 6" jointer attached to the side, plus some other insundrious attachments. Made in Austria, from what I understand, but me thinks this particular piece followed old Christopher Columbus to port not too long after he landed!

I got a bunch of the Carb-Tech bits, 12 of them, to be exact. Among them, two rail/stile combo bits, a couple ogees, a complete dado kit (single bit w/dif. bearings), 4-wing slot cutter, a 3-9/16" raised panel bit, as well as a couple other misc. bits. All but one were 1/2" shank and all have very free-wheeling bearings. The twelve bits, PLUS two gigundo carbide rosette cutters for $95.00. And, after doing a bit of "Simple Green" and brass brush cleaning, I don't think I need any of them sharpened. I'll start trying them out one by one and see how they perform.

Although I didn't "need" it, I also picked up an "Industrial Craftsman" worm drive 7-1/4" skill saw. The thing is in nice shape, runs quiet and smooth and even the cord is in decent shape. Damages=$30.00.

Picked up some misc. items for LOML, but one of my biggest prizes was a workbench. Well, ok, the bench itself wasn't the best built thing I've ever seen and has had the snot beat out of it and hardly worth kindling. BUT, there happened to be a nice quick-release wood vise attached to it. 9" jaws, opened to 13". It looks identical to the "Record" unit, but is not indicated as a "Record". Has Taiwan stamped on it. Regardless, a real heavy unit. The gear rod only needed a light brushing and some slip-um stuff on it. I did have to use a bit more elbow grease on the slides, but they came clean and a little automotive wax has the whole thing working real smoothly. A little effort, but for $7.50, I'm not going to whine too loud!

Hey, now that I think about it, I about covered my "Weekend Accomplishments" with this response! The auction did indeed consume the bulk of Saturday. Anyhow, there 'ya have it. So, whatdya' think? Did I do OK?
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Cannot find REALITY.SYS. Universe halted.
    60 grit is a turning tool, ain't it?
    SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!
    Looking for something for nothing? Check here!

Thumbs up Sounds like you had a good time

I think you did pretty well. Sounds like you got a some heavy duty bits - now you'll have to make some really fancy stuff to justify the purchase

The saw sounds like a good find also.
    God Bless America!

Tom Sweeney BP

Re: Sounds like you had a good time

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Tom Sweeney
    [B]I think you did pretty well. Sounds like you got a some heavy duty bits - now you'll have to make some really fancy stuff to justify the purchase

Justify the purchase? Ha, ha, ha! You should see all my WW magazines. LOML has little "Post It" tabs hanging out of pages in just about all of them!
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Cannot find REALITY.SYS. Universe halted.
    60 grit is a turning tool, ain't it?
    SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!
    Looking for something for nothing? Check here!