Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cheep ($13) parallel clamp review

Quote Originally Posted by Gary McKown View Post
    Those look VERY MUCH like some Stanleys I bought several months ago at Big Lots - and at about that price. Do you suppose Stanley went out of the business and these are the same with a new brand? There was no brand on the clamp itself, just on the cardboard packaging.

My impression of the Stanleys pretty much parallels (no pun!) what the OP wrote - O.K. , but not a Bessey and the like. I rarely use them with several red-heads hanging on the rack, but they occasionally come in handy. At $10, who could pass them up?
    I don't think the look like the stanley's I picked up at big lots- but my impressions are different then yours. I reach for my stanleys over my bessey's every time. but it doesn't matter, I can't find any of those clamps listed on the web page.

Bob

Bob,

When I ordered mine about a month ago, they sent me a couple wrong sizes, and when I called them they only had one in the size I ordered and another longer one. They said they were discontinuing them. I'm sure by now, they are sold out of all of them.

P.S. A quick look on their site and they are selling the Jets now instead of this brand.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Hallowell View Post
    I don't think the look like the stanley's I picked up at big lots- but my impressions are different then yours. I reach for my stanleys over my bessey's every time. but it doesn't matter, I can't find any of those clamps listed on the web page.

Bob

I with you Bob. I got to use my Stanley's a few weeks ago and I like them better than the Bessey's. I think they clamp things square the first time better.
    "Remember back in the day, when things were made by hand, and people took pride in their work?"
    - Rick Dale