Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Weekend Doin's.....

Weekend Doin's.....

Well, here we are at another weekend. I'm taking this weekend off from intricate shop work and will probably spend some time on "the spinny thang". The weather has been good and I'll spend some time with the family this weekend since I have been neglecting them for the last 2 weeks during the knife box project.

So what do you have planned for the weekend?

Be safe and enjoy your weekend.
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

Grand Marais, MN. A transplant from Minneapolis
    Already Started! Just went to a 4,5,9 schedule so this one has been catch up clean up. Tomorrow some trim work and sailboat repair.
    TJH
    Live Like You Mean It.

http://www.northhouse.org/

Me and my club thumb are going to try to mow the grass! Not too big a deal; I have a lawn tractor.

Went to the orthopedic surgeon this morning and he has high hopes for a pretty much 100% recovery. I will probably talk SWMBO into going into the shop mid week.
    If sawdust were gold, I'd be rich!

Byron Trantham
    Fredericksburg, VA
    WUD WKR1

Ah, yes...the weekend. It's already started with installing a set of new quick attachment gizmos on the tractor's 3-pt to make it easier to hook up heavy implements, such as the new chipper/shredder and post hole digger. Next in line is installing a new quick-change head on the string trimmer to completely eliminate the need to have three hands winding up the string and securing the head back in place. Now it will be "snip, snip, poke, poke and you're done"

The remainder of the weekend will be spent getting the rest of the shop renovation work done and some yard chores. We were going to attend a benefit concert tonight at the local Friends Meetinghouse for a political candidate, but it's sold out...didn't move quick enough to get tickets. Oh, well...

Enjoy a safe and wonderful weekend, folks!
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

3 guesses as to where I'll be and what I'll be doing!! (you'll only need 1...)

Right when the borg opens tomorrow morning (6 am), I plan to purchase the lumber to begin the partition wall. I will also pick up a 36" exterior door (they have one for $99) and a window to replace that door...I'll keep the curtain however!

The partition wall will be 2x6. I have some plumbing that will go into the partition and a lot of wiring so that means lots of holes. The partition will be the distribution point for the 2+2 wiring as well. I want it strong as I plan to hang some shelves and/or cabinets off of it and I'll sleep better spending the extra money for 2 more inches of wood. I'll need some PT for the sole plate on the garage floor, too.

I'll see if I can knock out some more electrical wiring, too....
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.

Going to try and tie up some loose ends on the shop addition, 16x64.
    It's weather tight, but far from done. Sheetrock, insulation, wiring.
    Do some major piddling in the main shop, cleaning, etc.
    Tear down the mower, blew a head gasket the other day. Arrgghhh.
    Sunday afternoon will pack up a zillion clamps and tools. Starting a Cherry handrail in a new house Monday. 2- 12' straight rails, 2- 8' bendable rails.
    Will probably get the bendable rails all laminated together on the floor that day. Then will have to come back at a later time to install them as the finish carpenters have to put down the shoes and the wrought iron guy has to build and install the main railing.
    Grandkids are coming tonight to spend the weekend with us.

Steve

Finish the insulation tonight got the AC cooling the shop so it won't be so hot
    do some yardwork then start moving my tools in there! wahooo! I will get some pics up when I get it set up.
    Jim

I will be processing some wood I managed to snag today into bowl blanks, and getting them sealed up. Also plan on some shop time..........probably do a bit of turning. Before the weekend is out, I will be gathering all the stuff I am taking to the BBQ next week and get that organized in the garage so it's ready to load and go Friday morning. Football on Sunday, so I will spend a little time checking that out. Grass will probably need a mowing too, so I have to get that figured in the plan. Other than that, I will be relaxing and unwinding from the week. Have a great weekend everyone!

It is nice out right now and no rain is predicted for tommorrow, so I should be able to finish installing the chimney and finish shingling the roof of my workshop. I would also like to finish sheeting all the walls with OSB.

Saturday will be all woodworking focused, with our Guild having one of our larger meetings of the year...day starts early with an auction of members donated surplus "stuff"...tools, wood, what-have-you, with proceeds going to the Guild...follow that with our business meeting, lots of woodworking chat, and then a demonstration by David Lamb.... His work is incredible and inspiring (check the FWW archives for several examples) and a day like this always recharges the batteries...particularly after a busy year getting my daughter settled in college. Sunday should be a full day in the shop, taking on the backlog of projects that have built up.
    By the way...next Friday and Saturday (to jump ahead a little) is the Fall Live Free or Die tool auction in Nashua NH....a neanderthal candy store...if you've never been to this, it's a fast paced auction (900 lots on Friday and 780 on Saturday) with everything from junk to real treasures...
    Have a great weekend!
    Roger

Cleaned garage today and gave the dogs a bath. Got more maple for cabinet job I'm working on. Will do more on cabinet tomorrow...hopefully will be ready for some finish after the BBQ next week. Also vac'd out SWMBO's car...boy does she need to wash the outside. Work week starts on Sunday.

Between my first week back to a day job and the fact my kid's car needed fixing this week, I got no time in on the Morris chair I need to start for a client. Therefore, I plan to begin laying out the cut lines for the material tonight and then hopefully begin rough cutting to dimension, thicknessing and beginning M&T's.

Also, need to remove some doors off an old chifrobe for a client, removing the solid panels and replacing with textured glass.

Finally, cleaning house and weekend typical to do's.
    Scott C. in KC
    Befco Designs

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Ketron
    Finish the insulation tonight got the AC cooling the shop so it won't be so hot do some yardwork then start moving my tools in there!
    Don' forget ya need to cover up that insulation with something! Sounds like that shop is really coming together, Jim!!

Clean up the mess Frances left and get ready for Ivan.
    Tony

Work....two funerals and a wedding, hopefully plant 600 poinsettia pots AND i have a bad back right now. took a half hour to get dressed yesterday. other than that, I plan on doing some garage-shop building

regards joe

btw: I'm a retail florist/commercial greehouse grower
    Vortex! What Vortex?