Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Get rid of Credit Card Apps in the mail

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Johnson29 View Post
    Believe it or not, but that is illegal in most if not all States.
    Then write DECREASED.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Meiser View Post
    Then write DECREASED.
    That should work
    Dave J
    Forums: Where all too often, logic is the first casualty.

Yeah, they'd have a hard time arguing that your mental capacity wasn't if you took the time to do it.

Seriously, we opted out of the pre-approval credit checks from all three credit bureaus. I can't remember the details, or what exactly its called since its been a few years. But it dramatically decreased the number we got within a couple months. They've started slowly coming again, mostly from hotels and airlines I have loyalty memberships to, so maybe its time to renew.

Just so you know, if it's not First Class Mail, or if the envelope doesn't have "Address Service Requested" or "Forwarding Service Requested" etc., it is useless to write "Refused" or "Return To Sender" on it. It'll just go into a huge pile of Bulk Mail when the Mailman brings it back to the station. Not sure where it goes from there--hopefully destroyed.

There is something like the do not call list for junk mailings. I signed my wife and I up for it over a year ago and the amount of junk mail that we receive has dropped dramtically. I couldn't tell you the last time I got a credit card offer. Every so often I get one for the airlines but that maybe is once a quarter. We used to get 6-10 a week each and now it is basically zip. And the ridculose catalogs and cd's and all that other crap stopped too. The bad news is I forgot what I did. I saw the story one night on the CBS evening news and followed their directions. I am sure if you search enough on the web you should find something.