Thread: Creeker's Weekend Accomplishments.....

Creeker's Weekend Accomplishments.....

17 Aug 2009

Good Morning,
    Well, the wedding is now over and our friends are off on their honeymoon. The cupcake stands were a hit with several at the wedding. The white dyed birdseye Maple veneer was a near perfect match with the icing on the cupcakes which was an added benefit. I'm just glad that this project is over and was very well accepted. Here are the stands:
    BEM_stands_DSCF2445.jpg

Here is a closer shot of the white dyed veneer that I put on the faces of each stand.
    BEM_DSCF2447.jpg

A shot from the front of the stands.
    BEM_Stands_DSCF2443.jpg

A view of how they looked in use at the wedding.
    BEM_stands_use_DSCF2452.jpg

In short, I learned a LOT about veneer work on this project and I want to thank Mark Cothren and Joe Meazle once again for helping out with maple wood and hardwood plywood on this project. It is friends like this that have helped me save money making the project as well as me getting this project done on time.

The finish is Zinnser's spay-on Clear Shellac.

This week I'm taking it a little easier and getting stuff done around the house that has fallen through the cracks due to the wedding.

That's it for me...so what did YOU do this past weekend??

Best of weeks to you all.
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

I took LOML and LOMLjr shopping. We camped at a campground roughly 1/2 way between two big outlet malls, did one, then did the other. 10 hours straight but I'd rather do that than a million trips to the mall for one more thing. Picked up a small inverter at the Black and Decker outlet and a pack of Sawzall blades at the Direct Tools Outlet. When we got home Sunday we unpacked and cleaned up in time for my parents to come for dinner, then hand washed my truck which still had some Maine bugs stuck on the front that didn't come off when I went to the carwash.

This week I'll be hitting the kitchen pretty hard. Hopefully I'll be building the last of the faceframes tonight, then starting on boxes.
    Last edited by Matt Meiser; 08-17-2009 at 9:28 AM.

Saturday, I got the trim tile set on the bathtub shower surround.

Sunday, I tiled around the window.

The tiling is finished. Sharon started getting paint chips to start making paint color decisions. I need to patch the joint where the wallboard and wonderboard meet and then grout the tile.

Then set the new toilet.

It's getting close to being finished. That is good as I'm getting some flack over the length of time. I'll remind her the downstairs bathroom remodel took nearly a year.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Good Morning,
    I'm working right along on the grandfather long case plans which are all in metric. I'm really learning to think in metric now. Been pulling wood out of the storehouse (side shed) and pulling them to the shop via tractor and rope. Revved up the Parks and have been planing and cutting the various units, some glue up and pinning, some noggins cut and attached. When I get all cut I will start on the sanding at least to 320.
    Also learned not to place my thumb on the end of any piece going through the planer. Wow ! what a blood blister.
    The wood is oak whic I bought at .90 a bf.
    Pics will be coming when I have something to shoot. It is very warm in the shop, so my time is limited.
    Ed

Blog Entries
    Trimmed limbs off of some trees, cut grass, and installed a wood heater in the shop. Getting ready for some cooler weather (I hope)........
    Army Veteran 1968 - 1970
    I Support the Second Amendment of the US Constitution

worked on a door frame for my new hand tool cabinet, until Anna made me go inside and get cleaned up so we could visit her mom.

joe
    Vortex! What Vortex?

Stacked and Stickered Cherry Tree

Turns out to be somewhere in the 300 BF range. Had to remove the old stack and clean up in prep for new, stack and sticker, then stack the old (dry) stuff on top. Better than a 10-hr day on Saturday. I proved that I'm bad out of shape, and that I can't recover like I used to!

Andy

I did less that I thought I might. LOML and I went and looked at some Laminate flooring, and 3 places on tile. Came back to the tile we used for redoing the "Pink Room" last fall, so guess I have some more tiling in my future.
    Beyond that, I did nothing but sleep. I did something to my back last week. By Sat eve, when I turned the wrong way, it dropped me to my knees. Even worse on Sun. Called in sick this am, and went to the DR. late am. Just starting to feel the pills kick in about 8:15. I'll take one more day off per Doc's orders, and head back Wed. But I did plan some things in my head......in my sleep! Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...Exclusively Irish! When Irish Eyes are smiling....They're usually up to something!!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas.
    No, I'm not an electrician. Any information I share is purely what I would do myself. If in doubt, hire an electrician!
    Member of the G0691 fan club!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...Most likely I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, s3.