Thread: Cornhole Game Anyone?

Cornhole Game Anyone?

Perhaps this is a regional thing, but Cincinnati is hooked on Cornhole! The objective is to set up the boards approximately 21 feet apart, and then toss 1 lb bags of corn through the 6" dia hole. If the bag ends up in the hole, score three points, on the board score one point. Games are played in teams of two, up to 21 points. The game goes best when the bag in one hand is counterbalanced with a cold beverage in the other

I've made a number of sets of this design in the past year, and had no trouble selling them via word of mouth. Perhaps, Santa will have a way of turning this little side venture into a new drum sander before Christmas.

Thanks for looking!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.
    Henry J. Kaiser

I remember playing that game growing up East of Cleveland. It is a fun game and easier on the arm then horse shoes.
    Dick

No Pain-No Gain- Not!
    No Pain-Good

Ah yes..........another "Adult Beverage" drinking sport! Much more safe that throwing iron 'shoes at each other when the coordination is not at is finest. Looks like a neat game...........I never was much on Washers anyway. Nice job on the game boards too. I also hope this yields a new toy for ya!

Down in my little corner of Arkie land, somewhere between Taodsuck and Pickles Gap, corn is for drinking not throwing. We have to make due. It is a dry county, really. Might be fun though. What is the score for a bag hanging half way in the hole?

Joe
    Last edited by Joe Meazle; 09-08-2004 at 9:24 PM.

Joe, unless it goes through the hole, it still counts as one point.
    Henry J. Kaiser

Matt,

Where I am located(cars coming through regualry) I sell lots of those suckers. Its amazing......

End of the Oregon Trail in Oregon City, Oregon
    Mathew, how about some dimensions? 6" diameter hole--I got that! I could guess on the width and length of the board and the length of the two legs, but I wouldn't want to get the Cornhole Standards Association riled up. Sounds like something my grandchildren would especially love to play with the whole family!

You had me worried for a minute there. I thought perhaps this board had taken a decided turn in subject matter.
    I have seen that game somewhere. Sometimes the simplest things are the most fun!
    "Because There Is Always More To Learn"

I sold about 10 of them last summer. Cost me about $15.00 a piece to build, and sold 'em for $85.00 with bags. My wife cut up old pairs of jeans and sewed the bags. Made a little vacation money. Could have sold more, just didn't have time.

Nothing like "throwing some 'hole" and drinking a few(or 11) cold ones.

Later,
    Russell
    Russell Svenningsen
    Marshall, Minnesota

More Cornhole Info on the Web...

In case anyone is interested, there is a lot of information avaialble on the web about how to play the game, how to build the boards, how to run a tournament... etc.

Check out the following links....

http://www.cornholegame.org/standardsandrules.htm

http://www.playcornhole.org/
    Henry J. Kaiser

mathew where in loveland do you live ??

i am up off of 48 in goshen but grew up in loveland

also where you buying your corn at ( my dad owns rolke brothers supply ) and we have plenty of corn down there (in case your interested)
    Last edited by Chris Rolke; 09-09-2004 at 12:44 PM.