Thread: pegboard storage

pegboard storage

Does anyone have any ideas, plans...etc for 8"-10" deep wall mounted cabinets
    utilizing "peg board"?
    Thanks, folks.
    Gene
    Life is too short for cheap tools
    GH

Hi Gene,
    I'm new to the creek and am almost embarrassed to post this with all the other amazing knowledge on this board but... it isn't a bad design. I found a pegboard design in the "Family Handyman" magazine (ok, i posted it) September 2002 page 82. I know our library has it so you may find it at your local main library if they keep a history of periodicals. This design is for a folding pegboard cabinet. Also do some searching on this board for links as I've seen some great cabinet designs and can give you ideas on how to store different tools.

Family Handyman isn't your typical magazine for woodworking and one I wouldn't subscribe to but once in a while they have some interesting and useful stuff. I look through it once in a while when at the library and pick up bits and pieces that are useful.

Randy...

Thanks Randy.

I found one in Wood Magazine that just about fills the bill for me. Sounds a lot like the one you described, too.
    As for libraries that shelve periodicals....not in this town, I'm afraid.
    Gene
    Life is too short for cheap tools
    GH

The Wood Magazine workshops special publication from earlier this year had those clamshell cabinets with peg board panels in the doors that might fit the bill. A bit deep by your specs though at 12"...

You can buy the plan from Wood Magzine's online store. It's called the Shop In A Box Tool Cabinet.
    http://www.woodstore.net/shtoca.html

This thing like I said is a little bit deeper than you wanted, but it offers GOBS of storage space in a small wall footprint.
    Trying to follow the example of the master...

the Wood magazine one looks a lot more functional for woodworking than the simpler one I listed. Good luck to you. I'll be building one myself in not the to distant future and will most likely make modifications more similar to the Wood magazine version.

Randy...

Hello,
    The Wood Magazine workshops special publication from earlier this year had those clamshell cabinets with peg board panels in the doors that might fit the bill. A bit deep by your specs though at 12"...
    Hey - I built that a couple years ago!!!
    I posted pictures of it here.

My best advice is - either don't bother or - find a better way of mounting it than they show in the magazine.

The sucker is heavy.
    Loaded it's even heavier.

It's not wide enough though. It only hits one stud if you make it/hang it as suggested by the plans.

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=80186

The thread in the above link shows the 2x4's underneath I had to add for support.
    Last edited by Rich Engelhardt; 08-23-2009 at 11:25 AM.