Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Philadelphia Hardwood Dealer

Philadelphia Hardwood Dealer

Hey guys,
    I have recently relocated from Houston, TX to Philadelphia and have finally finished setting up my shop again. So now I need to buy some wood and thought that maybe someone could point me in a good direction for a dealer in this area? Thanks guys

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Trowbridge View Post
    Hey guys,
    I have recently relocated from Houston, TX to Philadelphia and have finally finished setting up my shop again. So now I need to buy some wood and thought that maybe someone could point me in a good direction for a dealer in this area? Thanks guys
    I here it's well worth the drive.

http://www.hearnehardwoods.com/about_us/directions.html
    Rich
    ALASKANS FOR GLOBAL WARMING

Eagle River Alaska

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Trowbridge View Post
    Hey guys,
    Tyler, Tyler, Tyler,

You have hit proverbial pay dirt my friend. Hearne Hardwoods in Oxford Pa, Groff and Groff in Quarryville Pa, Good Hope Hardwoods in Landenburg Pa, some of the most killer lumber yards you will ever find. And if you want to drive a bit, Irion Lumber in Wellsboro Pa..

thanks guys this is some great news

I just Visited my relatives in the Philly area and arranged a stop at Hearne's Hardwoods near Oxford PA. Believe it when people tell you it is Heaven on earth for a woodworker. I saw a mammouth piece of Bubinga for $5,500! You can buy flitch cuts and most any wood you can imagine. My only purchase was two board feet of teak @ $32 per board feet for a project for brother's 1967 wooden Egg Harbor flybridge sedan (boat).

You could also go to Woodcraft in Downingtown, a out 40 minutes west of Philly.

Is Sandy Pond Wood Co. still near Hearne?

Hardwood lumber near Philly

I have not been here yet, but I have heard it's a good small sawmill:
    Spacht Sawmill - www.spachtsawmill.com
    About 30 minutes north of Chestnut Hill in Philly

Quote Originally Posted by george wilson View Post
    Is Sandy Pond Wood Co. still near Hearne?
    Sandy Pond was about 2 miles north of Groff and Groff (on RT272) Don't know if they are still there though.

Wes

Hearne Hardwood is probably the best around the area.
    A few smaller places are:
    Spacht Sawmill
    Bucks County Hardwoods http://www.buckscountyhardwoods.com/
    Mike Quinn Sawmill in Yardley
    Of the three, Mike Quinn probably has the best selection of wood.

10. another option

Hudock's Hardwoods in Perkiomenville and others got good feedback in a recent similar post.

Delaware County Supply, exit 1 off 95 in PA

CHeck the PHiladelphia CL. There's a guy posting a lot of hw lumber for a pretty good price. Cherry & walnut. Might be a good steal.

Mr. Roberts in Barrington, NJ Is also pretty decent. Certainly can't hold a candle to Hearne, but its alot closer for me. Hearne is definitely the place to go for selection though, and the staff is super helpful.

Good Hope and Iron are very well regarded in the professional community. I know many who buy top quality woods sight unseen from both.

Hi Tyler,

I have some black walnut, seasoned 40 years and some cherry pieces if you are interested.

Dennis Gavin
    610-353-8890
    Media, PA. (just outside Philly)
    Attached Images Attached Images