Thread: Replacement Festool Batteries

Replacement Festool Batteries

I have a Festool TDD 12FX that is still going strong but my batteries need replacement or rebuilding. I believe Festool still has replacements available (this drill is discontinued). I'm wondering if any of you have tried replacements from Battery Depot or Battery Trader, or have had your Festool battery packs rebuilt?

Bump, anyone?
    Last edited by Dave Bender; 01-03-2010 at 12:06 PM.

Sorry, I can't answer on your question, my batteries still good. But somebody will.
    I would go with Festool service. it's there tools and may be they will do job better? Did you contact Festool' dealer with this question?

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Bender View Post
    I have a Festool TDD 12FX that is still going strong but my batteries need replacement or rebuilding. I believe Festool still has replacements available (this drill is discontinued). I'm wondering if any of you have tried replacements from Battery Depot or Battery Trader, or have had your Festool battery packs rebuilt?
    Dave,

I am guessing that you can get the batteries rebuilt, but Festool still carries replacement batteries for the TDD drills.

Bob
    bob m

Might want to check out Prime Cell http://www.primecell.com/index.html
    I have not used them as yet but several members of my WW Guild have and are satisfied. They are mail order only and rebuild runs about 1/2 of the replacement cost.

I had Festool Batteries rebuilt by MTO. http://mtobattery.com/store/index.html

They did a fair job and batteries still working after 1 year.