Thread: Some old iron for my new shop.

Some old iron for my new shop.

I saw an add in a local trade paper for a Delta 28-350 20" Band saw the other day. I read A LOT of info on the old iron site about the machine and everyone (at least there) seems to really like the machine, so I figured I'd go take a look.

Well, from what I had been reading this machine was in real good condition. It's a 1964 and looks like it hasn't been used much. The man was asking $600 and I ended up getting the machine for $545 and one bottle (1 lb) of my honey.

Brought it home, cleaned the table, changed the switch and the cord for a newer mag switch and she is officially making sawdust. Cut some feet for a canning cabinet I'm making the wife.

I want to make/get a fence for it as I plan to use it to resaw, and most likely replace the guide bearings with new just to be safe. If I get real board this winter I'll get it back to the original gray.

Pics here:http://www.sogracing.com/bandsaw/index.html

I was worried about buying old iron like this but now I'm liking it.

Dan

Very cool! Congrats on a great purchase. I like the old stuff, and I'm certainly jealous. I'd better start shopping the ads. The Craftsman bandsaw in the shop is the only piece of "new junk" left in my shop.
    Duane McGuire

That is my favorite model 20" saw. I'm repainting one right now. Be sure to only use SHIELDED bearings. Sealed ones won't rotate freely,and you'll wear a groove in their races.

That's the same saw I have ... you can see it in this pic. It's definitely a big ole saw! Congrats on your find!

Great looking saw. I think you found a winner!