Thread: Awesome Triple GLOAT!!!

Awesome Triple GLOAT!!!

Gloat number 1.

Just received my new 6 piece Sorby Set from thebestthings.com. I decided to go straight to the good stuff knowing my tendencies to always want to upgrade. I may actually try my hand at turning a bowl this weekend. (remember, I have turned one thing in my life and that was with a whole bunch of coaching)

Gloat number 2

I recently sold a bunch of tools on the Sawmill board to help me justify this new 18V Ridgid 4 tool Combo Kit. (I have always wanted a cordless saw)

And finally Gloat number 3 (the best one)

My son Jake has had a pesky baby tooth super loose in his mouth for over a month. The big tooth was already in behind it, but it just would not come out. Anyway, the wife and I were on a date tonight, and we stopped at target to get some ambesol (numbing gel). Anyway, we put the stuff on, waited a minute, and I twisted that tooth as hard as I could........and it came out. He said OW!! for a split second, and then was so excited that he had to call every neighbor and relative we know. (Smiling from ear to ear)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Jack Diemer; 09-10-2004 at 10:29 PM.
    If at 1st you don't succeed, go back to the lumberyard and get some more wood.

WOW, the rare TRIPLE GLOAT! Nice tools there Jack. The Ridgid Tool set is some NICE stuff, you are gonna have a ball with those toys.

Now, get that "Turnin' Iron" broke in right with a Bowl........or if you are going to the BBQ, bring them along.......I am sure we can help you use them!

But, the BEST gloat of all is Jake loosing that baby tooth. There is something "Macho" for a little guy loosing a tooth.............yep, it's a "Guy Thing". Nice Extraction Dad............and nary a tear was shed..........Jake is a trooper! Fine looking young man ya got there..............looks like a woodworker to me!

Thumbs up

Congrats Jack!!

The turning bug is about to bite you!
    Have fun!!
    Jim

Way to go there Jack. Have fun!
    Dick

No Pain-No Gain- Not!
    No Pain-Good

Nice aquisitions Jack....and what of the tooth? What is the going rate for those these days?

Greg

I think its a buck a tooth these days, but the 1st one is special, so it gets a few extra bucks thrown in.
    If at 1st you don't succeed, go back to the lumberyard and get some more wood.

That's good news three times

Always loved the triple gloat...and you pulled it off beautifully, except the Russian judge had to deduct points for the landing!

Now get back to work on the bunk bed so when I start to build it you can help me through it.

GD
    "Let the wise listen, to add to their learning."
    GD
    Plano, TX

Grand Marais, MN. A transplant from Minneapolis
    That's the Trifecta! Give us a report on the Rigid Stuff! How do you like the left handed Csaw??
    Hey no inflation in the tooth fairy department. That's what she was paying in my day.
    Last edited by Tyler Howell; 09-11-2004 at 8:50 AM.
    TJH
    Live Like You Mean It.

http://www.northhouse.org/

Congrats, Jack, I've really enjoyed my DeWalt 18v combo, though I'm not too crazy about the circular saw (I see they've fixed the ergonmics in the new one).

Now I hope the Tooth Fairy didn't blow his budget on tools!