Thread: Delta Riser and Grizzly Riser interchangeable?

Delta Riser and Grizzly Riser interchangeable?

For a 14 inch band saw - Are the Delta riser block model number 28-984 and the Grizzly riser block H3051 interchangeable? I have the Delta riser block already and want to buy a Grizzly G0555X - can I use the Delta on the Grizzly?

regards
    Malcolm

Minor modification may be needed, but at the end of the day we are talking about a 6" iron block. As long as the blocks are the same size, I don't see why they wouldn't work. The pins may not match, but that is minor.

My concern would be if the posts were interchangeable. If not, you may have a problem. Might be possible to sell the Delta block for enough to purchase a Grizzly block though.

The riser block on my grizzly bandsaw has holes and indentations that aligned with top and bottom frame of the bandsaw. My concern is that the bolt locations and the indexing pins etc... would not line up. You could of course work around this but you would need to make sure you align the top and bottom wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by Malcolm Wheeler View Post
    For a 14 inch band saw - Are the Delta riser block model number 28-984 and the Grizzly riser block H3051 interchangeable? I have the Delta riser block already and want to buy a Grizzly G0555X - can I use the Delta on the Grizzly?

regards
    Malcolm
    When I was looking for a riser for my Delta, I found that there are 2 Grizzly risers. I asked all around for info, but never did find out the specs on them, so I bought the Delta block.
    Sell the Delta, buy the Grizzly, and pocket the difference.
    Last edited by Myk Rian; 08-28-2009 at 9:29 PM.
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a laxative and sleeping pill, on the same night

Malcom, if you're looking to go with the option suggested above, I'd be willing to take the riser kit off your hands, providing it will fit my Delta BS, and will not cost me more than the new Grizzly kit.

Ed

Ed - check your inbox

Ed - please check your Sawmill Creek inbox...