Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Festool Discount?

Festool Discount?

I'm looking to upgrade some of my smaller power tools to the festool line. Does anyone know of any places that sell them with a discount? I would prefer new and the local woodcraft is the only place that sells them close to me. Thanks

Festool controls the retail prices very tightly. Woodcraft's prices are the same as anybody else's.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie Buxton View Post
    Festool controls the retail prices very tightly. Woodcraft's prices are the same as anybody else's.
    What he said.
    Cheers,
    Bob

I measure three times and still mess it up.

4. I love Festool and have never heard of a discount on current offerings. Many retail outlets offer "promotions" just before a Festool price increase, but those are just standard prices prior to being raised. And sometimes, I hear, you can get older versions of Festool pieces when a new version comes out (like with the tables recently) for a discount at some retailers and perhaps with Festool itself.

There are probably a few people who have scored a discount on current Festool equipment. But clearly they aren't allowed to speak to the outside world.

About the best you can hope for is finding some place that's offering free shipping. Otherwise you'll pay the same no matter where you buy.
    Use the fence Luke

No such thing as a Festool discount. You can buy a package deal - like TS55 and dust collection, and you may buy from Internet dealer with no shipping or taxes.
    But as an above - everywhere prices are the same.
    Ed.
    P.S. As I understand even if you don't pay taxes buying from Internet dealer, you are still responsible to pay them to you state? If anybody wiling to clarify this?

Yep. In CA at least. You can just ignore it and hope you'll get away with it. And I'm sure millions do. But if you itemize deductions for a business, with any risk of an audit, ask yourself if it's worth it. It ain't to me.

And some online dealers signed an agreement with the state recently and they have started to collect taxes for shipments to California. I just bought a TS75 and went local since I needed the tool and did not want to wait for shipping.

Scot

Festool discount!

Guys, I love Festool it is some really fine equipment, but it is dadgum expensive and that is all there is to it. I have a TS55 with dust collection, a domino and a Rotex 125. And the 106'' rail for the TS55, man I love that thing. Nothing better to install 96'' cabinetry and have to scribe a face frame. It is the best thing since sliced bread.

But I had to come to a stopping point. No matter how good the Kapex is I will not pay 1300 for a miter saw. I just got my Dewalt slider for 520 at lowes. And I am happy. But I do love the Festool equipment it is a superior product.

Lucas,

I have purchased a lot of Festool items from two places. one is Select Machinery in N.Y. I don't have the contact name at hand, but they will give a 10% credit towards purchases of accessories if you buy from them. Say you buy a sander, they will give a discount on paper or what ever the accessories you buy....Another person is Bob Marino, the lasts email I had for him is ROBARLMAR@aol.com. Bob was a distributor of Festool before all the Woodcraft stores and others were able to sell them. He has been selling Festool longer than anyone...........

hope this helps
    Last edited by Ben Abate; 08-31-2009 at 7:36 AM.

I have always avoided manufacturers that tightly control their selling prices. It should be up to their dealers what the selling price should be. High-service dealers can price higher and low-service dealers (i.e. online sales) can offer discounts.

Thanks everyone for the great input! Cliff, thanks so much for the offer but my first purchase has to be a jigsaw and he doesn't have one! I wish he did because his tools look great and so do the prices

Festool Forum

Lucas, There's a forum all about Festool, in case you weren't aware of it, http://festoolownersgroup.com/index.php

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Abate View Post
    Lucas,

I have purchased a lot of Festool items from two places. one is Select Machinery in N.Y. I don't have the contact name at hand, but they will give a 10% credit towards purchases of accessories if you buy from them. Say you buy a sander, they will give a discount on paper or what ever the accessories you buy....Another person is Bob Marino, the lasts email I had for him is ROBARLMAR@aol.com. Bob was a distributor of Festool before all the Woodcraft stores and others were able to sell them. He has been selling Festool longer than anyone...........

hope this helps
    I bet Select Machinery will be getting a call form Festool, no unauthorized discounts are allowed, period. I'm sure some Festool dealer that has seen this thread will rat out Select Machinery. The whole point of the fixed pricing is for dealers to have a level paying field and to compete on service. That can't happen if one dealer doesn't follow the rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Brice Burrell View Post
    The whole point of the fixed pricing is for dealers to have a level paying field and to compete on service. That can't happen if one dealer doesn't follow the rules.
    I read a good article on this type of selling approach. It claimed the whole point is to maintain high profits and that the practice borders on illegal price fixing. Manufacturers claim their approach is technically legal and they're probably right. At the end of the day, its consumers who pay the price, literally.

I own a few Festool items but whenever I can I shy away from manufacturers who operate this way.

Regards,

John