Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Acrylic Flame Polisher Group Buy?

Question Acrylic Flame Polisher Group Buy?

Hi all, I am looking to purchase an acrylic flame polisher.
    Earlier in the year, we had a group purchase take place.
    Is there any interest in a second round group purchase?
    Since the previous "buy" was imported from China, help
    would be needed on importing - I have no idea how to do
    an import. Missed out on the first round, as others may
    have, so again, any interest in a second group buy?

I have learned alot from all the generous contributors
    here at the Creek. My gratitude to all for your help and insight.

---------------------------------
    Epilog Mini 45w, Corel X4

I missed the first round as well

Count me in for this round.

P
    Phil
    Red Earth D'Signs

Corel 13, Photoshop CS2, Photograv
    Universal Laser v 460 55w
    Epson 4800 Sub-Lim
    Dyna CNC Plasma/Router Table
    Summa Plotters
    2 Crazy CBR pups that rule the shop!

I'd like to know if Jack (or anyone else would even entertain the idea of bringing a batch over again). If so, there would have to be some incentive for him to do so.

I'd also like to know how the people that got the first batch are making out with them. I've not seen a single review or mention of them since they arrived, other than working out the chemical needed and fixing the plug that was incorrect.

Jack, you interested in doing this again, perhaps for a fee?

I'd take one as well, providing people are happy with them and they are working.
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

Acrylic Flame Polisher Group Buy?

I'm of the same mind as Scott. . .if folks are happy with the previous buy, and we can get someone to put another buy together, I'd plunk down my money.

It would make us all warm and fuzzy if we could hear from some of the folks that scored on the first group buy.

Steve

I wouldn't have one.
    Epilog 45w Helix X3/X5 Corel Microflame Generator (flame polisher) Heat Bender

Kidding wouldn't be without it!
    Epilog 45w Helix X3/X5 Corel Microflame Generator (flame polisher) Heat Bender

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank Corker View Post
    Kidding wouldn't be without it!
    A drink in the hand?
    Hi-Tec Designs, LLC -- Owner (and self-proclaimed LED guru )

Trotec 80W Speedy 300 laser w/everything
    CAMaster Stinger CNC (25" x 36" x 5")
    USCutter 24" LaserPoint Vinyl Cutter
    Jet JWBS-18QT-3 18", 3HP bandsaw
    Robust Beauty 25"x52" wood lathe w/everything
    Jet BD-920W 9"x20" metal lathe
    Delta 18-900L 18" drill press

Flame Polisher (ooooh, FIRE!)
    Freeware: InkScape, Paint.NET, DoubleCAD XT
    Paidware: Wacom Intuos4 (Large), CorelDRAW X5

I was just curious on what exactly this was so I googled it. The first site that came up I clicked on and they were selling their kits for 450 not sure if this is a good deal, but maybe.
    Remember, if the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy!

I think they paid $230 or something like that last time around, so over $400 would be up there.
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

Blog Entries
    Before grabbing mine on the group deal, I could not find a US manufacturer of flame polishers that were less than several grand (and as big as a Buick)... the UK (for some odd reason) seems to have an abundance of manufacturers. The next best bet was eBay, but all of those were Chinese units going for $800+, or DIY plans for a couple hundred $s. At a few hundred dollars shipped for the group buy, I figured changing out a cord was a useful trade-off.

Still setting up shop

I feel bad I have not been able to use my polisher as much as I wanted. I am still in the process of setting up shop and unpacking from the move.

I plan on using it for some acrylic ornaments for Christmas. And boy is that just around the corner !

The one thing I did do with it was heat up my CPU & GPU on the Xbox360 to reflow the solder to fix the red ring of death (RROD). Worked great for that ! But then it broke again a month later and still need to do it again !
    Epilog Helix 45
    Corel Draw X7
    Stepcraft 840 CNC
    Fully outfitted woodshop
    I'm a PC...........

I am guilty of my machine still being in the box too but cut acrylic names illuminated by a LED base are in the planning for the Holiday season and this will make the product SO much BETTER....

With only 20 Watts to play with I will be cutting the Acrylic on my CarveWright. Need to order some 1/4 inch in some florescent colors this week.

AL
    1 Laser, 4 CarveWrights, Star 912 Rotary, CLTT, Sublimation, FC7000 Vinyl, 911 Signs, Street Signs, Tourist Products and more.
    Home of the Fire Department "Epoxy Dome Accountability Tag and Accountability Boards".

I might be interested providing if someone can put this together.

How about all you slackers who haven't opened the box or used yours yet, just sell them to us so we can use them

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Shepherd View Post
    How about all you slackers who haven't opened the box or used yours yet, just sell them to us so we can use them
    Was that an evil eye pointed in my direction there, Steve?