Thread: Anyone tried those new Dewalt "Impact Ready" bits?

Anyone tried those new Dewalt "Impact Ready" bits?

They seem a bit pricey up here @ $32 for a set of 5 drill bits.
    Link opens in a PDF...
    http://sinuatemedia.com/DEWALT/Impact/DWAIRCRD.pdf

Yep. . .

I have two impact drivers. When I was on the road doing cabinet install I went through bits like mad.

I started using various impact ready bits, and cut the amount I was going through by half at least. I can't say that the DeWalts work or last longer than any of the other brands, but the bits by any maker that are made specifically for impact use really hold up much better than regular bits.

The DeWalts are a lot more expensive than I remember paying. . .I know I bought them once, but I have also gotten Hitachi, Ryobi, Rigid, Milwaukee and Makita impact ready bits.

The types of bits I use are Ridgid twist bits, DeWalt countersink drill bits, Milwaukee #2 phillips bits, and I have a Ryobi assorted impact ready bit set.

I like the hole saw product idea, but haven't tested them.

Hope that helps.
    Making furniture teaches us new ways to remove splinters.

I use the DeWalt Impact Ready bits and like them quite a bit. An impact driver will destroy normal bits almost instantly. I searched for impact bits for a long time in my area without finding much. The Dewalts are still the only impact bits I have seen locally, though I think that's finally starting to change. I got mine at HD, and don't remember them being more than about a dollar or two more than the regular bits for a 5 pack. Worth the price easily in my opinion.

I have the phillips screw set that comes with at least 20 2 sided bits, a pivoting shaft, a adapter to use sockets (comes in very handy) and 2 different socket bits for running Tapcons, I really like these bits. I have broken a couple, but that is from use, they are very durable. When you think of how much replacing normal bits would cost, this price is very reasonable!