Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Weekend Doin's"-Labor Day Edition

Smile "Weekend Doin's"-Labor Day Edition

Friday September 4, 2009

GOOD MORNING "CREEKERS"!

It doesn't even seem possible that the end of summer weekend is upon us, even though school started last Tuesday. It's been quiet all this week around here. A fresh burst of tourists will begin arriving today though for a last long weekend for this season.

The weather around here this week has been just perfect. Cool nights with days in the 70's and nothing but sun. Well, actually at night the moon takes the suns place. As such I've gotten in some golfing and a little work in the shop.

With the long weekend I don't think I'll get any shop time. LOML wants to play golf at least two days and Sunday is a day on Castle Rock lake with relatives and their new [to them] pontoon boat. Weather is supposed to be high 70's and sun, so it should be a great day.

What's on tap for the long weekend in your part of the world? Whatever, it might be I trust you'll make the most of it and of course be SAFE.

Karl
    Creeker Visits. They're the best.

Tonight and tomorrow I'll be spraying face frames. Sunday installing them on the boxes and starting on the island.

I will do a little turning, clean up the shop so it's at least safe for the company coming over Monday.
    Sunday I will fire up "BIG BERTHA" (the smoker). Throw on a brisket, some ribs, and do some chickens for my neighbor.
    Enjoy food and visit with family and friends.
    Everyone be careful, and stay safe.

Roy
    Walk fast and look worried.

Heading down to Knoxville, TN to visit with my son. Won't get any woodworking done but will get a chance to enjoy the Smoky Mountains again.
    Mark Patoka
    Stafford, VA

Working out how to use a lock miter bit. Have a tall fence built but need to make a couple of feather boards. Building the first of two "cabinets" for my wife's between the studs DIY channel inspired project. Hopefully get the drawers and door cut and assembled for my wife's lathe stand.

Some family and friends will be over, on Sat. The rest of the weekend will be all about finishing up my hanging tool chest.
    "The element of competition has never worried me, because from the start, I suppose I realized wood contains so much inspiration and beauty and rhythm that if used properly it would result in an individual and unique object." - James Krenov

What you do speaks so loud, I cannot hear what you say. -R. W. Emerson

The luck of the draw gave me a 4 day weekend.My wife will be working, (on line at home), so I'm going to paint the shop floor. Been planning on doing it fr about 10 years now. Maybe I'll find a bucketful of pencils and drillbits.
    Have a safe weekend
    Brian

8. Assebling Entertainment Center

I will be gluing up my new entertainment center. Actually it is just the center piece of the unit. Basically a credenza 64w x 34h x20d. I am using quartersawn red oak plywood with solid red oak face frames.

I'll second the smoker!

We're hopefully going to finish our Bison corral on Saturday. This involves hanging several 4'x50'x2" OSB panels on steel pipe posts. We will be using a skid steer for lifting. Not exactly fine woodworking, but it's woodworking...

I’m back down at WSMR; we’re having “issues” with the flight electronics. Looks like I’ll be working all weekend and into next week. And I had vacation scheduled…
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Finish the bathroom remodel I started on 7/4/2009.

The tile work is done except for some color-match sanded caulking.

I had to make a quick partial paint job over the tub as the custom tub shower door was delivered and installed yesterday with only a 24 hour notice. Boy! For the price of a kit door at HD I got a custom frameless tub shower door and they installed it. Much nicer than what I was looking at the local Borg.

We sold our 5th wheel trailer during the week and now the LOML and friends are after me to get rid of my 1 Ton gas guzzling F-350 4WD and get another vehicle. We are looking at new and used Honda Pilots.

Paint...the bathroom.....Paint the bathroom....Paint the bathroom....this weekend mantra along with a cookout Saturday.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Relaxing tonight and Saturday, then working the Oneida booth at the New York State Fair Sunday and Monday. And eating lots of the good fair food!

Working Saturday then Sunday, catch a "CH-53" back to Baghdad for a couple of days, then hopfully catch a flight back to the U.S.A. for 14 days of R&R with the wife!!! The "Boy's and Girls" are still "Taken Care of Business" over here,, so I wish everyone a safe and happy Labor Day,,enjoy!!
    Tommy Curtiss,Brock TX

Took FRIDAY off for an extra long weekend.

Got another wall covered (press board) in the garage, got more lighting hooked up (installed, just never wired). Painted 1/2 the wall and got a lot of stuff cleaned up...

Hosting a neighborhood party on Sunday....

still working on the porch.

Relax. sometime.
    Dave W. -
    Restoring an 1890 Victorian
    Cuba, NY

Equestrian activities, housecleaning, replacing a leaky hydraulic hose on the tractor's loader and a couple picnics are on the card for this weekend.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...