Thread: Help from any Indy area woodworkers

Help from any Indy area woodworkers

Any folks in the greater Indianapolis area know of some good sources for rough poplar and cherry? I've been to Northwest lumber a few times but not very impressed. I'm looking for some 8/4 and 5/4 poplar and some 5/4 cherry.

thanks

* mods was't sure where to drop this post.

indiana lumber

http://www.frankmiller.com/

http://hollingsworthlumber.com/search/8

I have these guys on my list, but haven't been there. For Indy Northwest is the best place I found.

Thanks Brian.

Frank Miller Lumber (FML) would be my choice if I needed more than a board or two and didn't need it today. FML delivers free to Indy if you will wait a day or three. Be very specific in what you want (they can e-mail a current product/price list) and they will not disappoint. Northwest is good for a small quantities because they run a bit higher cost. Both have their places and I use both.

Mac
    Last edited by D.McDonnel "Mac"; 09-04-2009 at 10:43 PM.
    Mac

I see FML has product list but not a "price" list. Sounds like you have to ask for a price list to be sent to you?

FYI local INdy folks one of my WW buddies found a good source out by Heritage Lake, Schmidt? lumber.

Frank Miller would be my choice. I bought from them when I lived in Indy and they delivered. I bought 400 bd ft of red oak from them last year at $2.00 a bd ft. and it was great wood. I live in southern Indiana now and they delivered it to their drying facility in Salem Indiana and I picked it up there. They are one place that I feel comfortable with buying wood without seeing it first because it has always been great quality.