Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Black Maple HF with Frosted Finial

That is one the prettiest pieces I've ever seen. When you asked about a name my first idea was "Black Ice". Then as I scroll down reading the responses I saw Steve Mawson came up with the same name.

Bill

Beautiful piece Steve. Really like the form and the finial is awesome. Well done.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Steve,
    "Buff it!" I sure don't know how the finish could get any better. Wow, that is a great piece. Form and proportion are great and that finish is excitingly cool. keeping the finial frosted really sets off the smooth finish of the HF. You should absolutely enter it in the show. I like Steve Mawson's name for it so far. Well done my friend.
    Regards, Ken

Become a Contributor at SMC and keep this great source of Knowledge and help from becoming only a memory.

yeah that pretty much looks perfect, nice job.

Thumbs up Re: Hollow form

That is AWESOME! Great use of materials and elegant form, the finial really sets it off.

Maybe "Ebony Ice" or "Black Frost"??

Again, great job!
    Call me Jim, James seems so stuffy.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

As our friends in Oz say, thatsabeautymate! Gonna look great when you get that dull finish polished up a bit. Given a choice, would like to see the finial neck down a bit more just below the "bulb", but a definite winner just as is. In a sense it is dyed rather than "ebonized", and looks great.
    Richard in Wimberley

Beautiful! Name it after your wife?

That is Super Nice!!!!!! One step closer to convincing myself that I NEED a lathe!!

Whoa! That's really amazing! I love the black/white feel!
    Blessings, Steve

Frosted Ebony

Midnight Ice
    God is great and life is good!

Wow!!

Steve that is fantastic! great piece! From and finish is right on,great work!G

Wow Steve! Magnifiscent! You have just moved the bar again. I'm definitely going to add that to the list of things to try. Good luck with the contest.

Great looking HF and finial Steve. Sure is a winner in my book. Giving it a Spanish name might be a nice homage to your usual style of HF. "Frio Negro" maybe or "Blanco Negro" or "obscuridad Blanca" You could go to Bable Fish and play around for a name.
    Mark

You can sometimes count every orange on a tree but never all the trees in a single orange. -A.K. Ramanujan

That is an incredibly gorgeous piece Steve!!! Wow, you've created something wonderful and beautiful! Thanks so much for showing us.
    Chris

What! There's no coffee!!?