Thread: Fluid Flim??

Fluid Flim??

I may have to put my tools in lay up for about 12 mos. I have done allot of research on this site as well as on line. Has anyone tried Fluid Flim? The item description states "it will leave a thin wet film". That sounds like an advantage. I was thinking of putting plastic wrap over the top of the Fluid Flim.

Link http://www.theruststore.com/Fluid-Film-C67.aspx

Thanks for your input.
    Jerry

I use it on my tools. There was an article several years ago that rated it the best for rust prevention.
    Where did I put that tape measure...

Jerry

We use a product called Lectra Shield at work, it's sorta like cosmoline in a spray can, only it cleans off easier. It's made by CRC and available on amazon. CRC used to make a product called SP-400 not sure if it's still available but it was good too.

Good Luck
    Jerry
    Confidence: The feeling you experience before you fully understand the situation

Jerry, I work heavy construction, We use it all the time . From storeing new metal to new parts we're not going to use right away. GREAT-STUFF. As long as the tools were'nt in direct contact with water I don't think plastic would be needed or advised . It will protect a long time . Good luck, Craig

Thanks for the input.

Jerry