Thread: Small folding table

Small folding table

I have been given a job building a small computer table for a large Bounder RV. The table is around 24"x18 in size. He wants the table to fold flat for storage.
    Would like to see some photos or hear any ideas to get me started in the right direction.
    "Remember back in the day, when things were made by hand, and people took pride in their work?"
    - Rick Dale

Folding Computer Table

Several years ago I built this table, and it should work fine for your application. The dimensions are almost exactly what you need. I used butternut for this table. the third photo shows the table folded up. The top dowel makes a nice handle. I also used the "roto hinges" from Rockler. http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?page=788 These hinges helped to eliminate any wobble when using the table.
    Let me know if you want any further details.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Ralph Barhorst; 09-12-2009 at 11:06 AM.
    Tipp City, Ohio

Blog Entries
    I've seen similar tables that the top splits in half that fold flat. Similar to the one at this link.Folding table
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute