Thread: Mitre Sled for tablesaw with slider??

Mitre Sled for tablesaw with slider??

Hi all, i find cutting mitres on my saw (Minimax CU300 smart) a real pain, i was thinking about making a mitre sled for my machine. Now i have seen a stack of mitre sleds for traditional tablesaws but never any for saws equiped with a slider.

Can anyone point me towards a plan/pic or suitable design?

I have been playing around with sketchup, but i am interested in finding out if anyone has any good solutions. The biggest issue i can see with my design is that the slider fence has to be removed , no big hassle but it will also mean i will lose my 90 degree reference to the saw blade making positioning the jig a little trickier.

Thanks
    Joe
    Attached Images Attached Images

I can foresee a problem with your design. The big advantage of this type of jig is that as long as the angle of the two sides of the "fence" are at ninety degrees any inaccuracy will be compensated for and the two cuts will always form a right angle. With this kind of a setup, the inside edge of the stock is against the "fence". But with your design, the pieces will be cut "backwards" which will double any error. I think you need to rotate the jig so that the blade is cutting through the "point" of the "fence". The way it is now, you might just as well use the "stock" crosscut fence set at 45 degrees.
    David DeCristoforo